Submitting primaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjin06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When's the "unofficial" latest you can submit primaries? I know I should try to get them ASAP, but when does it start to severely hinder my chances? End of June? Earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe end of August/beginning of September is when it starts to put you at a tangible disadvantage.

I believe end of August/beginning of September is when it starts to put you at a tangible disadvantage.

You'll certainly get a lot of different "heard it from another person" advice on this forum. I've heard even earlier -like middle of July to early August- puts you at a disadvantage since adcoms start looking at the first wave around mid to late June.

Why do you refer to the AMCAS in the plural? Most people i think would agree that submitting your AMCAS after the beginning of august puts you at distinct disadvantage. The earlier the better, since schools will start pumping out secondaries the second your AMCAS is verified, even before. You want your turn around time to be measured in days for those puppies, since you don't want to be standing in line behind 5000 applicants.