Submitting secondary applications before MCAT re-take scores come in...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychoPass987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a kind of a predicament. I am a re-applicant applying for fall 2015 cycle. I took the MCAT for a second time back on July 24th and received a 29 (PS:12/V: 6/BS:11) with the 6 being the major problem. Therefore, I will be re-taking the MCAT again on September 18th. I was wondering if it would be advisable to submit my secondaries in before my MCAT re-take score comes in. Given that I have prepared all aspects of the application already, I do not want to give up this cycle solely because of the low verbal section score.

The reason I ask is because it seems a lot of medical schools take a few weeks to even a month before they gathered everything for completion. I'm hoping that the application can be reviewed as soon as the new MCAT scores come in.

Members don't see this ad.

It's different for every school. I suggest emailing/calling each school and just asking if your application will be held until your new scores come in or if they will mark it as complete and send it for review. Most schools are very good with replying so just make an excel spreadsheet with their responses and go from there.