Sep 11, 2017
how do you do sub occipital release? you're just supposed to push straight up, right??? That's the only way I've seen it done, so I'm just making sure Im not doing it wrong.

QualityProcess

pgy2 at the greatest program on earth
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 17, 2012
one of the few OMM techniques that impressed me enough to learn and practice it

Reactions: KP2AZ
About the Ads
OP
L
Sep 11, 2017
so when you say traction, you're also supposed to pull Back and lateral?? is that right? My practical is in a few hours so thats why I'm asking.

Azete

2+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I hated OMM, but I actually taught this to my wife for when I get headaches -- it's been a lifesaver for me. I imagine I'll teach it to many patients in the future.

BorntobeDO?

5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2013
Status
Medical Student
how do you do sub occipital release? you're just supposed to push straight up, right??? That's the only way I've seen it done, so I'm just making sure Im not doing it wrong.
I have no idea, I just let the body talk to me and tell me what it wants. Just wait and breath. When the sinus says "okay, I'm ready" I guide her into gentle release. Doesn't everyone get that OMM is a humanistic device which requires empathy just like any other form of holistic tx?

Last edited:

Peach Newport

board certified in jewish dermatology
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Dean of DO school: So what qualifies you to be the new head of the OMM department?

I have no idea, I just let the body talk to me and tell me what it wants. Just wait and breath. When the sinus says "okay, I'm ready" I guide her into gentle release. Doesn't everyone get that OMM is a humanistic device which requires empathy just like any other form of holistic tx?
Dean (shedding a single tear): damn son you hired AF

About the Ads