Subspecialty at Toronto Sick Kids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lechatelier

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I'm a premed male and my goal/dream is to get into med school in hopes of one day becoming a pediatrician. I do realize that residency should be the last thing on my mind. However, I am looking to further understand pediatric subspecialties particularly at Sick Kids (another goal/dream of mine). How does it work? Would one study general pediatrics for a set amount of time before entering a subspecialty? Or are there programs from the very beginning? Thank you!
 
Med school-->peds residency-->subspecialty fellowship. I assume you are a Canuck, so note that the application process for medical school differs between the U.S. and Canada and I know nothing about the residency application process for Canadian residencies.