Succesful 3rd Time Applicant: Any questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's very promising, thanks for sharing.

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, congrats!

I am also a re-applicant, I am wondering if you changed your activities essays when you reapplied. I know that most people suggest changing personal statement, but I'm not sure about activities essays. Because they are so short and matter-of-fact, it's difficult to write them differently, or put a different spin on it as you would personal statement.

Thanks!

First of all, congrats!

I am also a re-applicant, I am wondering if you changed your activities essays when you reapplied. I know that most people suggest changing personal statement, but I'm not sure about activities essays. Because they are so short and matter-of-fact, it's difficult to write them differently, or put a different spin on it as you would personal statement.

Thanks!

There's always something that can be better with these essays. I changed everything, including the activities essays. They don't necessarily have to be short. You have only so much space to convince adcoms that you'd be a good fit for their school. Try to use it to your advantage without going overboard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I don't think it matters anymore here are the results of my third cycle:

12 Interview invites:

Acceptances:

Pitt (accepted off wait list...withdrew from all other waitlists after this)
UVA (straight acceptance)
Iowa-Carver (straight acceptance)

Waitlists:

Albert Einstein
Rochester (put on top 1/4 of waitlist according to admissions office)
Vermont
Temple
GW
Albany

Post interview Rejections:

UPenn (surprised that I even got the interview...)
TCMC (Didn't fit their "mission" according to admissions dean)

Didn't attend interview:

Hofstra

Hey all! I also did 3 cycles (though not all consecutive) and got in this cycle with a 3.5 GPA/ 25 MCAT... there is hope!

Hey all! I also did 3 cycles (though not all consecutive) and got in this cycle with a 3.5 GPA/ 25 MCAT... there is hope!

Wow! I just read your blog. If you don't know it already you are amazing ! I feel so inspired just reading it.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! I just read your blog. If you don't know it already you are amazing ! I feel so inspired just reading it.
Dear Member954786,
You're too kind! It can be tough being that honest and open sometimes, but if it makes a difference for people like you then it's totally worth it :)

Dear Member954786,
You're too kind! It can be tough being that honest and open sometimes, but if it makes a difference for people like you then it's totally worth it :)

Definitely, and I'm coming from a very similar experience so I know how hard it can be sharing that information with others! Also I watched the TED talk and I'm totally gonna do that on my next interview :) thank you !

Reactions: 1 user