Successful Vet School Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevet_11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know there's a few past threads about vet school transfers, but they're all a little outdated. After doing my research I decided to reach out and ask if there are any successful transfers that can give some information and their stats when they transferred! Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Here is a recent thread
Can any successful DVM transfers tell me what their GPA and class standing was like? I want to transfer from my current caribbean vet school to one in the U.S.. I think my reasons are valid enough, due to the current citizenship and the immigration policies changing in the US, my husband is not a US citizen and therefore we need to remain in the US for his green card restrictions.. I'm wondering if my GPA is too low its around a 3.35 (top 30% of my class). I'm expecting to raise it by the end of this semester to like a 3.5 and hopefully transfer in January.
Applied to:
Kstate
Oregon
Texas
LMU
Mississippi
Georgia
Colorado State
Midwestern
Iowa State

Reactions: 1 user
here is another
Hello! I need some advice here...
has anyone transferred vet schools after the first year? I am specifically talking about transferring to Cornell, my in state school. I got accepted to an out of state school, and am thinking about accepting it with the hope that I can transfer to Cornell. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
598878aabb3a34441fc8a433

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anybody know of a vet school that takes third year transfers? I saw that UC Davis does, but I'd like to have a few options. Most schools I've looked at only have second year transfers unfortunately ☹️

Transferring vet school is a "beggars cant be choosers" situation. Third year transfers are difficult due to the wide range of how curricula are set up. If you have a specific, exceedingly special circumstance that very nearly dictates you needing to transfer or else quit vet school/take a leave of absence, you very well may be SOL. If you have a specific school in mind, you would need to contact them directly, emphasizing your exceedingly necessary reason for transferring.

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anybody know of a vet school that takes third year transfers? I saw that UC Davis does, but I'd like to have a few options. Most schools I've looked at only have second year transfers unfortunately ☹️
I see you’re at AVC - I graduated there in 2015. If there’s anything I can do to help, or just be an understanding listening ear, feel free to PM me.

• Care