-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Successfully Matched!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by 12R34Y
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How many spots went unfilled?justDOit said:so happy to have an EM match!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8
8744
allendo said:How many spots went unfilled?
33.
Are you from LECOM?irrka said:Just found out that all the people from my school that applied for EM matched. Go us!
irrka said:Just found out that all the people from my school that applied for EM matched. Go us!
cool, 17 folks from mine applied, don't know how many are in, hopefully all! I'm actually just as excited finding out where all my friends are going as where I'm going haha.
EctopicFetus said:Congratulations, you have matched!
The fetus is in!!!! Amn I cant believe my teeth were getting cleaned while this came out!
EtOH Tonite!!
HOORAY EF CONGRATSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BKN said:Of course I do.
Well, for all you characters that are now relaxed but were obsessing on the irrationality of selection all through the interview season, here is the Tech formula for this year:
*Computing, reporting, and standardizing ranking score
COMPUTE rankscore = (.1*Zmlcom1)+(.15*Zmlcom2)+(.15*Zdeanslet)+(.1*Zspanish)
+(.1*ZLOR)+(.15*Zextras)+(.1*Zmeanzchar)+(.15*Zmeanzrank) .
EXECUTE .
DESCRIPTIVES
VARIABLES=rankscore /SAVE
/STATISTICS=MEAN STDDEV MIN MAX .
Now is it clear? All variables are standardized to allow them to be weighted properly 10% of the score each for mle or comlex1, spanish, letters of rec and interivew characteristics. 15% each for mle or comlex 2, dean's letter, extras (things that we emphasize) and interview ranks. Personality shows up in dean's letter, SLORs and both interview scores.
Then we argue.
Also we add points for more than 10 tattoos or piercings in unusual places that the candidate is willing to prove. NOT.![]()
BTW, I really do have this up in a very nice SPSS program. If anyone has a PD who wants to try this approach, I'll be more than willing to share.
SCUSE ME BKN, I happen to have Z=15 tats, and X= 2 piercings in places Im willing to prove pffffftttt and I matched
so there!Count me in too..I matched!!! yeah! I'm headed out for some drinks tonight 🙂 I ranked 7 EM programs!
Matched!! 🙂
emmd06 said:I thoroughly enjoyed the email title: "Did I match?" We were joking that people who didn't match would just have "No" written in the text of the email. I guess it's not funny, but we said it anyway.
Every email title says, "Did I match?" The text is what you've heard. If you did not match, it just says, "Sorry, you did not match." Nothing else.
Me too.
Not that anyone here much cares...😎
Willamette
Not that anyone here much cares...😎
Willamette
😛
Willamette
Willamette
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goose does have some stones. The only way I would be confident enough to rank 1 program is if my dad or mom were the PD..
FoughtFyr said:PUNK!
- H
Yes...I too matched!
Congratulations to all of you who matched!
Sweet deal... very sweet.. Hopefully excellent news follows on Thursday! I know 1 guy who didnt match but amazingly one of my closest friends with a >210 Step 1 matched Rads.. WOW! Great day. 2 Buds got Ortho, 1 gal got Derm... My other buddy also got EM..
Woo HOO matched!! Though I have to agree with FoughFyr 99% of people on this board KNEW they would match though I have heard some crazy horror stories.. So I celebrate that I am not a horror story!
IIRC all the regular posters have matched.. Good SDN Karma perhaps!
EctopicFetus said:IIRC all the regular posters have matched.. Good SDN Karma perhaps!
Yes EF, since you were wondering -- I matched too. 😀
Hey, I'm helping a non-EM person scramble today, so I'll try to see what the open programs are and post them. No promises though.
Good Luck to all who had to scramble today. And I want to apologize if it feels like this thread has rubbed salt in the wounds -- we're just trying to share with each other.
CS
CS hopefully you got your numero uno! Great place IMO! Congrats man! Hope you end up where the wife is 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speaking of karma, I wish Lee would bring back the karma system!EctopicFetus said:IIRC all the regular posters have matched.. Good SDN Karma perhaps!
This message has been brought to you by southerndoc.
BKN said:Filled, by golly. 😀
I Matched as well. I'm a new SDN poster.
I have been reading the posts for months now and you all rock, look forward to working with 'you' in the future, somewhere?! Lots of great information.
I finally registered on SDN during our very-boring and mandatory "transition to residency" week(s). Congratulations everyone! 🙂
BKN said:Filled, by golly. 😀
congrats on the fill!
Congrats BKN. We filled too. 🙂BKN said:Filled, by golly. 😀
JackBauERfan said:cool thanks...I was wondering if it would say "Congratulations you have matched into an advanced position and a preliminary position" or does it just say "Congratulations you have matched" if you matched into both. It would narrow down on my list where I got in if it does, because it only told me congrats you have matched.
anyone know this?
that means you matched to both. they will specify which if you did not match to both. congrats
so out of curiousity...what's the deal with tomorrow. i mean, aside from telling the pd's WHO they filled with, why do we wait til thursday. Honestly, does one day of pre-warning the programs really give them that much of a headstart considering it's 3 months til we start? what gives?? i hate waiting.
on a sad note, three of my very close friends did not match. pretty shocking because they were all primary care fields. yesterday was a big downer cuz i was sad for them.
but now i am happy, they have found jobs and i have successfully couples matched. wooohooo. no drinky though, on call...YUCK
on a sad note, three of my very close friends did not match. pretty shocking because they were all primary care fields. yesterday was a big downer cuz i was sad for them.
but now i am happy, they have found jobs and i have successfully couples matched. wooohooo. no drinky though, on call...YUCK
bkn- i have a question. i know you said that the programs get a list of the applicants they ranked and where those applicants ended up matching, but do they get a list of how the applicants rank list looked? in other words, will my home program get to see my entire rank list? i ask only bc i really liked my home program and the residents are fantastic, but i did not end up ranking the program highly bc i really wanted to be in another part of the country. i just dont want to hurt any feelings! 😳
saffron said:bkn- i have a question. i know you said that the programs get a list of the applicants they ranked and where those applicants ended up matching, but do they get a list of how the applicants rank list looked? in other words, will my home program get to see my entire rank list? i ask only bc i really liked my home program and the residents are fantastic, but i did not end up ranking the program highly bc i really wanted to be in another part of the country. i just dont want to hurt any feelings! 😳
No, you're safe. Next Monday a list is available that shows each program the status of the appplicants that they ranked. So your home program will only know that you ranked your match program above them. Now if I see somebody didn't match who was above my lowest matching on my rank list, I know they didn't rank my program. 🙁 Similarly if a candidate failed to match and one of the programs on his list didn't fill, he'd know that program didn't rank him.😡
BKN said:No, you're safe. Next Monday a list is available that shows each program the status of the appplicants that they ranked. So your home program will only know that you ranked your match program above them. Now if I see somebody didn't match who was above my lowest matching on my rank list, I know they didn't rank my program. 🙁 Similarly if a candidate failed to match and one of the programs on his list didn't fill, he'd know that program didn't rank him.😡
what does it take for a program to NOT rank you? kind of a vague question, but one of my classmates found out that two of the programs he ranked did not fill. we are all kind of shocked, he has a great personality, grades, etc...what do people typically say, "we are not ranking them" for?
irrka said:Just got my PGY1 prelim spot too. Ooof. i'm so glad this is over. that was nerve wrecking.
Congrats! Are you going to share where you are going? 🙂
Congrats.. The only person I know who didnt match (non EM) matched today to FP in Cali.. Hope alls well for you guys.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats BKN! It looks like every program on my list filled.. At least I know I got one of those spots!
EctopicFetus said:At least I know I got one of those spots!
because otherwise you'd think you got a spot that wasnt on your list 😛
Funny.. 😀
kbrown said:what does it take for a program to NOT rank you? kind of a vague question, but one of my classmates found out that two of the programs he ranked did not fill. we are all kind of shocked, he has a great personality, grades, etc...what do people typically say, "we are not ranking them" for?
This is one of those that I am only speaking for our place. We only invite people to interview that we expect to rank. A black ball means that at least one of us has serious questions about maturity, reliability etc. We could be wrong, even with all of the data we've got and 4 interviews, there's still uncertainty.
Other places may do it very differently. Certainly many other EM programs interview far more applicants than we do. They might only rank people that they just feel warm and fuzzy about.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 24
- Views
- 4K
D
