suggested reading for PGY1 pre urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nymedstudent874

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi all. im currently in the middle of my PGY1 pre-urology (general surgery) year. I was wondering, is there any urology related reading I should try to or would be helpful to complete prior to starting PGY2 uro-1 in June?

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Suggest reading on acute stone episode/kidney stone management, hematuria guideline, bph meds and management. Don’t spend more than a few hours. No one expects you to know how to manage castrate resistant metastatic prostate cancer on day 1.
 
I will also give the recommendations for AUA guidelines. You (or your attending) may not always follow them, but you should know them. They also cover the urologic emergencies relatively succinctly.