Suggestions for a Gift for starting MS1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tempstuff2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

tempstuff2004 said:
Hi. A family member is about to start MS1 (overseas, not in the US). I thought it might be good to buy a gift. Any suggestions?

try getting the family member advanced search.....keyword: gift

how about a plane ticket back to the US.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would have appreciated a box full of hookers- so I wouldn't have to do as Cartman and say "bad-pie....bad-pie" all the time. :smuggrin:

GrandMasterB said:
i would have appreciated a box full of hookers- so I wouldn't have to do as Cartman and say "bad-pie....bad-pie" all the time. :smuggrin:

A good stethoscope is invaluable...if they have clinical work during their early years.

a stethescope is cool.

when i went to the docs for a checkup, he asked what I would do after graduation. i told him medical school. he left the room and came back with a cardio 3 stethescope.

stethescope. littman cardio 3

ashkan33 said:
try getting the family member advanced search.....keyword: gift

Nice :thumbup:

Have to agree with the stethoscope (Littman Cardio III). My sis got one when she passed her nursing stuff, and I thought I'd get one before entering med school, but got a new computer instead.

the Cardio 3's are around $125 (online)-$160(bookstore).

yeah my cousin got me a stethoscope, and though i wont use it now, i'll be happy to at least have something when I do in a few weeks/months.

our school gives us a stethoscope instead of a white coat. So check beforehand. Also, some schools are picky about which type of scope they want their students to use and won't accept some of the expensive Littmans.

Although it sounds ostentatious, get the scope personalized (either engrave the bell or label the tube). This prevents its mysteriously disappearing.

gift certificate to a nice local restaurant or for an hour long massage/other salon services.

i would kill for a pedicure right about now.

s

yeah, if the OP doesn't wanna spend $120+ on the gift (ie stethoscope), I agree with itsaliger on the gift certificate idea. A good gift certificate is to a coffee shop (say starbux for example)....nothin' like crackin' out on some biochem or embryo with a constant supply of caffeine

Wait until they're about 2 months into school, and give them something completely unrelated to medicine. They'll love it. I'm only 2 weeks into school & it can get hard to remember the outside world.

felipe5 said:
yeah, if the OP doesn't wanna spend $120+ on the gift (ie stethoscope), I agree with itsaliger on the gift certificate idea. A good gift certificate is to a coffee shop (say starbux for example)....nothin' like crackin' out on some biochem or embryo with a constant supply of caffeine

become friends with the guys who work in starbucks. you'll get discounts and free drinks. that stuff's expensive

superdood said:
become friends with the guys who work in starbucks. you'll get discounts and free drinks. that stuff's expensive

That's brilliant. I'll have to turn on the charm next time I go in.... just so long as they know that free lattes does not equal free hanky panky.