suggestions invited

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_amu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
for the international dentists does the volunteering helps in the admissions :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that it helps but I'm not sure. I live in a small town where there isn't even a volunteer dental organization I could work at.
If you have an opportunity to do so, I would advise you to go ahead and volunteer.

it really does help....get into some clinic and atleast observe the dentist when he is at work....u will have an upper hand than others who dont have experience in US.....goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks ksr and pd
the place where i am the dentists dont allow observership for more than 3 days as they say it might affect their practice:confused:
is 3 days enough for shadowing

thanks ksr and pd
the place where i am the dentists dont allow observership for more than 3 days as they say it might affect their practice:confused:
is 3 days enough for shadowing

don't specify the lenghth of your observership, just tell them that you was there, give name and say what impressed you most, if it's different from your back home experince ...thigs like these...and if you can go to more than one dr., you'll have more names to tell..try to find out where those dentists graduated and if happens to be somewhere you're applying, is for the best...maybe maybe somebody remembres them, you never know,...good luck!

don't specify the lenghth of your observership, just tell them that you was there, give name and say what impressed you most, if it's different from your back home experince ...thigs like these...and if you can go to more than one dr., you'll have more names to tell..try to find out where those dentists graduated and if happens to be somewhere you're applying, is for the best...maybe maybe somebody remembres them, you never know,...good luck!

thanks a ton starry night
ur are right

I think it will definitely help. I live in a small town of 80,000 ppl and not many foreigners..I applied for volunteering position in some clinics, but no one even bothered....Anyways..I decided to observe at an office here..i wanted to go everyday but the doc asked me to come once or twice a week max..so i did that for abt 4 months..jus mention it as part-time observation in ur application.And I remember my doc asking me if i was applying to school at kansas city..cuz he is part of the alumni and he said he could help me get thro..but sadly it doesnt have an advanced standing program!!!My luck!

hi
for the international dentists does the volunteering helps in the admissions :confused:

but still this will help u in ur admission to other schools