Suit Color For Interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by UCLAMAN, Sep 28, 2002.

1. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector

Ok...so I was wondering what colors everyone is wearing for their interviews this year.

Last year I wore a black suit with a very very light blue shirt and a red tie(red exudes confidence! :cool: ) :D

But when I interviewed at Loma Linda I remember the dean saying "You guys all look like penguins!"

So I was wondering if you guys think it'd be ok to go with a dark tan suit instead of a black one? Red tie for sure and probably a white shirt.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bikini Princess

i recommend a hunter green. ;)

4. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy

I wore a Bill Blass suit that was a darker blue(not really navy). It had a very subtle black check pattern also (Looked solid unless you really looked). My shirt was white and tie was maroon with a very small pattern the same color as the suit. Maroon suspenders, pocket silk, and cordovan shoes and I was ready to go.

5. DoubleDoctor

I forgot to say that I was glad I wore blue because everyone else looked like clones, all in solid black suits.

6. Dr. Wall$treet

Banned

I went two colors. Bought some really nice pants from needless.. a darker tan color.. and black jacket. Blue shirt.. matching tie to the outfit. Shinier than shined up shoes. everyone else had typical black suits. Take a look in GQ they have good stuff. Multiples are in this year.. Also navy blue pinstripes are in as well.. either way as long as you look nice, i dont think that is gonna make or break you rather i think whichver outfit can bring most confidence.. is the best

7. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    I personally would bring three suits on all of my interviews, and then the day before I would run down to the medical school and look around. I would then take notes on what the people were wearing and see if in my three suits I could find somethign that would look like everyone else is wearing, but I would make my tie a shade brighter so that I stand out a little bit.

8. Street Philosopher

are you serious?

9. Rudy1223

Rudy1223 Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    stop the madness!!! :rolleyes:

10. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Well, as I said in an earlier thread...my plan was a purple suit, purple felt hat, and a cane... I also drive a 1988 Town Car, so the outfit goes with it. :)

-RA

11. DoubleDoctor

Random, maybe you could get some of those cool platform shoes with the fish in the soles to go with your outfit. Of course, it would be better if you drove a Bro-Ham (brougham). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Good call on the shoes... ;)

-RA

13. jot

jot

:laugh:

14. Jalby

Pre-Veterinary

15. Jadeite

Jadeite Thought Puddle

Last year (when I didn't get in!) I wore a brown skirt suit.

This year I'm wearing a black pantsuit with a purple collared shirt. Will it help? Who knows. Mainly I more comfortable in pants. Last year my advisor said "wear a skirtsuit because places may be conservative", but in my travels I found that just about all of the girls do wear pants, so screw that, I will too!

I do recommend for those girls out there that brown is a good color, I just couldn't find one in my length this year, or I'd have gotten that instead of black. But then, they really aren't looking at your suit! And I saw one girl go in a pale green suit, I've seen plenty girls just wearing a dressy sweater/blouse and a skirt.

Jade~

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Street Philosopher

is that a yes or no?

18. mws99

mws99 Senior Member

For my only interview so far I wore a black suit with a dark blue shirt and dark blue tie and my interviewer commented on how I was the only one who didn't look like the typical accountant.:D

19. Jalby

Pre-Veterinary

20. jot

jot

21. Street Philosopher

22. Jalby

Pre-Veterinary

23. Street Philosopher

Hey Jalbrekt, I noticed you were on the list of student hosts at USC! Good stuff. I live in LA so I won't be needing board, but can I stop by your place before my interview and show you my 3 suits in the morning?

24. jot

jot