Sullivan University College of Pharmacy (SUCOP) Interview 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gwen98

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just reaching out on here to see if anyone else has received an invite to interview on Oct 4 2019 at Sullivan University College of Pharmacy. Also if you guys could tell me how you are preparing for the interview that would be great! (MMI style)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd prepare by cancelling the interview and applying for a job or other graduate program.

Or if the OP is insistent on going, I would prepare for being $200k+ in debt and unable to find a job.

Reactions: 6 users
Prepare to ask yourself the most important question: how will I pay off 200k in student debt when I can’t get a job as a pharmacist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who told you to go to pharmacy school? They need to beat across their back with a wet shoe.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nice, congrats on picking pharmacy and then to top it off by also picking one of the worst pharmacy schools in the nation. You will have no issue getting a job:)

Reactions: 1 users
Supportive =/= affirmative of every decision but whatever.

"Unlike our public school counterparts, we rely totally upon our students’ tuition. Consequently, we cannot turn to the state government to make up for any shortfalls in tuition revenue," Sullivan wrote.

Aka, we need to admit anyone and everyone.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Unlike our public school counterparts, we rely totally upon our students’ tuition. Consequently, we cannot turn to the state government to make up for any shortfalls in tuition revenue," Sullivan wrote.

Aka, we need to admit anyone and everyone.
If there is a sucker born every minute, then there are 525,600 suckers born every year.

If the U.S. has a population of 329M of the 7.7B total population in this world, then the U.S. makes up about 4.3% of the world’s population.

This means that there are approximately 22,458 suckers born every year in the U.S. All each school of pharmacy needs to do with their recruiting efforts is find 100-200 of those suckers and they’ll be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
But to answer the OP's question, the interview is just to confirm that you aren't a complete psycho, and maybe to make sure you sign up for federal tuition loans. Most pharmacy schools have had empty seats the past few years, so they are literally taking anyone and everyone. If you get an interview, it's just a formality, you can assume you are accepted. Even if you don't get an interview, you can assume you are on a waitlist and will probably get a letter before the start of the term that you have been accepted. Someone here posted a couple of years ago, that his school was actually sending out letters to college students in other fields offering to transfer them into the Pharm D. program. There is literally no competition for Pharm D these days.

Is there literally no other school you can go to? Don't go to a private school! Don't believe their lies!

Sullivan was founded in 1962 as a business college and has grown to offer degrees and certificate programs ranging from pharmacy, pastry arts, IT and cyber-security to supply chain management and heating and air-conditioning in Louisville, Lexington, Fort Knox and at a campus in Louisa, Kentucky.

Great school you got there. Pairing pharmacy with pastry arts and HVAC.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Sullivan was founded in 1962 as a business college and has grown to offer degrees and certificate programs ranging from pharmacy, pastry arts, IT and cyber-security to supply chain management and heating and air-conditioning in Louisville, Lexington, Fort Knox and at a campus in Louisa, Kentucky.

You can get your metformin with your cherry cheese pastry while you wait for your A/C to be fixed!

Reactions: 2 users

I have no opinion on Sullivan itself but don’t most colleges have lots of programs?

I have no opinion on Sullivan itself but don’t most colleges have lots of programs?

No... this does not contribute to hysteria so please do not comment unless you have something hysterical to add.

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone! Just reaching out on here to see if anyone else has received an invite to interview on Oct 4 2019 at Sullivan University College of Pharmacy. Also if you guys could tell me how you are preparing for the interview that would be great! (MMI style)

Why are you even considering going to pharmacy school?

Reactions: 1 users
For 71k a year in estimated costs, all they really want to know is if you can sign for school loans. You'll get in.

Seems legit.

In a 2009 lawsuit, it was disclosed that the organization held just $20 million in cash reserves though the Sullivan University System distributed $77 million over the previous 10 years to its two sole stockholders, Chancellor Alva Sullivan and ex-wife Patricia Schrenk. These distributions excluded salaries, bonuses, and other benefits received from employment with the organization. In her filing, Schrenk alleged that college funds were used to pay for personal vacations, to settle sexual harassment lawsuits, and for private lawn care at the stockholders' residences.

Seems legit.

In a 2009 lawsuit, it was disclosed that the organization held just $20 million in cash reserves though the Sullivan University System distributed $77 million over the previous 10 years to its two sole stockholders, Chancellor Alva Sullivan and ex-wife Patricia Schrenk. These distributions excluded salaries, bonuses, and other benefits received from employment with the organization. In her filing, Schrenk alleged that college funds were used to pay for personal vacations, to settle sexual harassment lawsuits, and for private lawn care at the stockholders' residences.

Lawn care is expensive. It took me forever to find a teenager to mow my lawn for $30 once a month. All these landscaping companies wanted $100+ every two weeks.

Why is pharmacy the only doctorate level profession to get ****ed by schools like this? I don't see them having a dental or MD/DO program

Yes, I was laid off by Sullivan's College of Pharm this year, along with 3 other faculty members. About 3-4 faculty have left on their own since then. The dean also left in June; an internal candidate was just named as the new dean.

I wonder if the lay-offs involved any pharmacy professors? That would be bad news indeed, pharmacy professor has been the only growing area for Pharm D's.

Yes, I was laid off by Sullivan's College of Pharm this year, along with 3 other faculty members. About 3-4 faculty have left on their own since then. The dean also left in June; an internal candidate was just named as the new dean.
When are they shutting down for good?

Just FYI. Try talking to 4th year students at your interview and ask them what kind of jobs are lined up. Good luck.