Sullivan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Louisiana Girl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any details about Sullivan University's new pharmacy program. I tried to contact them, but no luck. Maybe someone else knows.

Members don't see this ad.

Scheduled to open in fall 2008. Currently in the process of submitting precandidate application to ACPE. Expected to be a three year institution. Requirements for admission are on their website

Members don't see this ad :)
I will definitely apply there if they do get a Pharm School there! I've been looking into that school.

Here is an e-mail I got in response to asking about the school:

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for your interest in Sullivan University’s College of Pharmacy. We are excited about offering the Doctor of Pharmacy and are well on our way to establishing a quality program.

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Hieu T. Tran has been hired as the Founding Dean of Sullivan University’s new College of Pharmacy. Dr. Tran earned his Bachelor Degree in Sciences and his Doctor of Pharmacy Degree, both from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Sciences in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Pharmacology with a sub-specialty in Cardiovascular Therapeutics and Antiarrhythmics at Hartford Hospital and the University of Connecticut.

Dr. Tran has been a vital part of the start up of two Colleges of Pharmacy, the most recent in 2001 when he was the Founding Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy in Erie, Pennsylvania. He was instrumental in that institution’s accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). He has been an educator, a practitioner where he has developed clinical services and clinical initiatives to promote the expertise of a pharmacist, and also a scientist. He has received over $1 million in research funding, published many articles and abstracts, authored book chapters, and made close to 100 professional and scientific presentations at workshops throughout the United States. Dr. Tran was also elected as a member of the State Board of Directors of the American Heart Association in Louisiana, and the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania where he has contributed to the promotion of healthier community initiatives. He has chaired committees and sub-committees in various professional organizations such as the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, the International Society of Pharmacoeconomic, and Outcome Research. Before that, Dr. Tran was Head of the Clinical and Pharmacy program, Education and Research for three hospitals in Delaware. He has served in similar positions of responsibility in Louisiana and Pennsylvania.

We are fortunate to have Dr. Tran leading the development of Sullivan University’s College of Pharmacy and expect the charter class to begin in September 2008. The decision has also been made to offer a three-year accelerated program rather than a traditional four-year degree.

Many people have requested the pre-requisites for the program, and those are attached. The courses highlighted in blue are offered at Sullivan University, but the remaining courses would need to be completed elsewhere and transferred in. I hope the list helps you prepare if you’re considering applying to the program.

We appreciate so much your interest in the program and your patience as we advance through the necessary steps of building a premier pharmacy school. We will keep you informed as we progress. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me or Dr. Tran with more specific questions at (502) 456-6504/800-844-1354 or [email protected]. Also, please visit the College of Pharmacy’s website at http://library.sullivan.edu/pharmacy.

All4MyDaughter, I know that pharmacy school is expensive but how expensive do you mean. Just an estimate if you arn't sure.

their tuition is $33,690...this includes a laptop. i emailed the dean, he is VERY nice and quick to respond =) i will def be applying there

Hello everyone, and many thanks for your questions regarding our new College of Pharmacy at Sullivan University!

The big question is tuition costs. For July 2008 admissions, the tuition will be $32,000. This does include a laptop. There are some additional fees (such as a textbook estimate and application fee, etc.) which you will find listed on our website under the "Financial Aid" tab. This tuition will apply for each year you are in the program. It will not increase your second and third years.

The Sullivan University College of Pharmacy is a 3-year program; school will run year-round, with 11-week quarters and a 2-week break between quarters. The third year will be your clinical rotation year. You will have 8 rotations of 5 weeks each, with a 1-week break between each rotation. During the quarter, school is held Monday thru Thursday, with Fridays being designated as "Plus Fridays". There are no classes on Fridays. You can use those days for study, make-up exams, professional programs, etc. There will also be no night classes--strictly day.

On May 1, 2007, our new Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Assessment joined the College. His name is Dr. Frank Facione, and you can reach him by email ([email protected]) or by calling 502-413-8643. Additionally, please feel free to contact me, Sara Wade, the Executive Assistant to the Dean, should you have any further questions, at [email protected] or 502-456-0045.

We welcome any and all inquiries, and are very excited about this great new program. Sullivan University is the largest private university/college in Kentucky, and takes great pride on its dedication to their students. Our student/faculty ratio will be very low, so you will most definitely get personal attention here.

Again, many thanks for your interest, and we look forward to speaking with you all!!

Again, please don't hesitate to call or email