Summarizing my research role and contribution to each project...huh? But how?!

Started by jjame
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jjame

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many secondaries ask for this, and I've been on 4 projects...and 2 of them are huge. I have/had a lead role on those and do a LOT of work, from A to Z...but this takes up a lot of space. And what if it bores the MSTP adcom?! How exactly are we supposed to meaningfully answer this, with all the accurate information that shows how much I worked, without going into boring detail?
 
Minimize technical details, unless you have created a new technique or something similarly groundbreaking. Focus on your individual contributions. Explain the rationale for research/problem to be solved, what experiments you did, what the results were, and where this project is going next (or finish with publication if already published.)