Summer Before Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought I was smooth by planning my two vacations so that one of them would hopefully be before my lab rotation starts in the summer, and the other would be at the end of the summer before mandatory med school orientation starts...

Unfortunately I just found out that vacation #1 conflicts with my MSTP orientation and vacation #2 conflicts with med school orientation/white-coat/etc.

****! :mad: I wonder whose penis I'd have to touch to get them to change all the dates on the calendar? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

2 months in Europe. Starting in Ireland and flying strait to Estonia and traveling South to Turkey and Greece! I'm hoping to not get killed by the Maffia while in Romania. haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Visiting family in New York, then off to Vegas, a small break in which I plan to work out everyday, trip to London and Paris for 2 weeks, then off to India for a month and a half, then moving into my new place and starting the amazing journey of med school. :)

Wow i wish i had the money to do all these things...

gotgame83 said:
Wow i wish i had the money to do all these things...

seriously! how are people affording these things? I'll be working all summer. :( any vacation i may go on will be confined to the U.S.

lookslikerain said:
seriously! how are people affording these things? I'll be working all summer. :( any vacation i may go on will be confined to the U.S.

I hear ya. I will spend my summer in a warehouse, a daycamp or a bloodlab. I may go to visit my gf's land in mexico, other than that I'm working. Sometimes I wonder why I wasn't born into a millionaires family.

Oh, i'll be drinking plenty too.

lookslikerain said:
seriously! how are people affording these things?
In my case: I graduated last year, so I've been working full time and saving up. :thumbup: