Summer Jobs for Pre-med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eg5436

Reaction score
Anyone know of any summer job opportunities that I could get as a pre-med without certification (or certification that can be achieved in a month?) I want to get some clinical experience and make some money.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, some variation of CPR and BLS will be required pretty much anywhere, but that's easy to get (mostly).

The best thing to do is to go to the job section on your local hospitals and browse, you should find recruiter emails as well.

Things vary by state, but generally many "Technicians" or "Aides" don't require special certs, or they are significantly less.

One of my favorite recommendations is Patient Transporter (clinical transporter). You get a ton of interaction with patients and are zooming around the whole hospital, unless the area is busy enough for one wing.

Checking out nursing homes and other care facilities, you can find jobs like nursing assistant that won't require a CNA, generally just equivalent experience like if you took care of any family members.

Another fun one I discovered is Ambulance Driver, depending on where you are neither CDL nor EMT is required :) ymmv how much pt and physician interaction you'll get

Reactions: 1 user
SDN has a tool that can help you find clinical jobs:

Some common pre-health jobs (like "Patient Care Technician" or orderly, same as transporter) can be searched specifically, or you can enter your own keywords.

SDN has a tool that can help you find clinical jobs:

Some common pre-health jobs (like "Patient Care Technician" or orderly, same as transporter) can be searched specifically, or you can enter your own keywords.

Just as an aside, the tool shows nothing for me or my surrounding cities for some of the fields. I'm not sure if the tool is partially or not, but when I search directly on the hospital site they pop up.

Members don't see this ad :)