Summer Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sc123!

Reaction score
Hi!

I am wanting to take two biology classes (that are not pre-reqs) over the summer. I am wanting to apply this upcoming cycle, but I am unsure of how the verification of transcripts works. The classes would increase my science GPA if I do well (which I think I will), but the grades wouldn't be posted till the end of June early July. I don't know if I should just submit my primary application before these classes get added in or how exactly this works. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply before the courses are finished, then they will shop up as "In Progress" on your transcript that goes to medical schools. They will not count towards you overall or science GPA. (I cannot remember if they are ever updated once you finish and resend transcripts).

The real question is assuming that they are both 4 credits, and assuming you make As in both, what is the real difference between your current GPAs and what they would be? Is the change significant enough to without apply for 1 to 2 months?