summer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to take the MCAT in April 2004, I'm trying to take some summer classes and want to know if Genetics, Human A&P, molecular biol. of the cell.....are classes that can be taken in the summer?
Also, what is a good workload for a semester.

Members don't see this ad.

What classes you can take over the summer depends on where you want to take them. I would be careful with taking too many though. First of all because they are usually condensed and thus intensives. Secondly because its summer and some degree of relaxation is important...you dont want to go into the next school year already burned out. I took 2 semesters of physics with a lab one summer and this was enough work for me. I wouldn't recommend taking more than 2 classes at a time in a summer session. From my experience with it, a lot of schools have two 6-week sessions, in which you cover a full semester's worth of work.

I took two sememesters of physics and lab for a summer and two semesters of chemistry and lab a different summer. All I did during those summers was volunteer and take the classes. I learned a lot and it was somewhat less stressful because I could fully concentrate on the subject, but it definitely wasn't easy. I wouldn't take to many classes at once during the summer (no more than 2) because summer classes are very fast-paced and intensive, so if you fall behind you can become completely lost very quickly. Just start calling or submitting a form on a school's web page and they will send you a catalog of the summer course offerings.