Summer Exercise Routine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Welllll around 100 a hour. If you're the kind of person with a lot of stamina ,and it just so happens that you are going from sunset to sunrise and straight through brunch sometimes, wellllll that is a whole lot of calories being burned! :cool:

Sureeee.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also planning on doing my first triathlon in Nov or Sept, depending on how prepared I am for it. My goal is to do a couple triathlons a year.

Yeah, I'd like to do a triathlon at some point...but I'd have to work on my swimming. Can't be drowning in phase 1 of the triathlon...You going for a sprint or standard/international distance?

Btw, the amount of stamina it takes to do an Ironman is just unreal.

Yeah, I'd like to do a triathlon at some point...but I'd have to work on my swimming. Can't be drowning in phase 1 of the triathlon...You going for a sprint or standard/international distance?

Btw, the amount of stamina it takes to do an Ironman is just unreal.

I'm shooting for sprint and international distance this year, but if I can only do one then it will probably be just the sprint. I didn't know how to swim to save my life, but I took some lessons and now I'm taking participating in swim clinics for open water swimming. These clinics also focus on your stroke technique and all that good jazz. So I would say its not impossible to learn how to swim for a triathlon coming from someone who didn't know how to swim at all. My goal for next year is to do a couple half ironmans and then do the big full ironman here in Henderson (Silverman). I'm thinking about trying to set up a little challenge for myself like doing 10-15 halfs by the end of next year or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
F all the complicated crap.

2 rounds of rope
1 round shadow boxing
4 rounds heavybag
1 round abs
4 rounds heavybag
1 round abs

Mix in speedbag, double end bag, and interval running

I joined up the local climbing gym. Great exercise that works cardio, with biceps, lats, core and leg strength. I supplement with quick circut training sets for the muscle group I focus on for the day with quick successive workouts and minimal rest.

I'm shooting for sprint and international distance this year, but if I can only do one then it will probably be just the sprint. I didn't know how to swim to save my life, but I took some lessons and now I'm taking participating in swim clinics for open water swimming. These clinics also focus on your stroke technique and all that good jazz. So I would say its not impossible to learn how to swim for a triathlon coming from someone who didn't know how to swim at all. My goal for next year is to do a couple half ironmans and then do the big full ironman here in Henderson (Silverman). I'm thinking about trying to set up a little challenge for myself like doing 10-15 halfs by the end of next year or something like that.

I'm doing a sprint this year, but biking is my biggest challenge. I'm not good at handling the hills in western PA - I'm either flying downhill fearing for my life or completely anaerobic going uphill. :eek:

I'm doing a sprint this year, but biking is my biggest challenge. I'm not good at handling the hills in western PA - I'm either flying downhill fearing for my life or completely anaerobic going uphill. :eek:

LOL>. See I absolutely love the cycling...and I'm coming to terms with running as well. Swimming...well that's a whole other beast I need to deal with.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but kettlebells are my favorite. I've been body building to supplement wrestling since high school. Started kettlebells in 2010 and all my training partners commented on how much stronger I feel on the mat w/out knowing I changed my routine. It's a full body workout and a 45# kettlebell will make you bull strong. I've came to realize functional strength is so much more useful than the beach body I've had since 2002 ;b

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but kettlebells are my favorite. I've been body building to supplement wrestling since high school. Started kettlebells in 2010 and all my training partners commented on how much stronger I feel on the mat w/out knowing I changed my routine. It's a full body workout and a 45# kettlebell will make you bull strong. I've came to realize functional strength is so much more useful than the beach body I've had since 2002 ;b

Kettlebell's are a mixed bag. For something like wrestling or boxing, I could definitely see them playing a more significant role than traditional free weights. For someone like me, who's primarily concerned with casual body building, overall health and recreational sports, it's value is dimished.

Personally, I cycle between HIT (re: cross fit) free weights and rippetoes 3x5 or 5x5 with some supplementary exercises. I have a 25lb and 35lb kettlebell that I use at home when I can't make it to the gym or have too much energy at 9pm on a random night.

Kettlebells + HIT/Xfit + power lifting = FTW

I should have mentioned kettlebells as a supplement to a training routine, sorry. I still lift like a body builder to keep that "beach body" and HIIT/Tabata intervals for a 30 gallon gas tank. Wrestling/Kettlebells for days I work on functional strength.

BJJ 3 days a week

Cycling and Macebell work 3 days a week