Just a word of caution.. I took my EMT while I was still in HS because I wanted to go straight into medic's school when I got to college to start my pre-med... Of course, you have to work your probationary period as an EMT-B before getting your paramedic's licensure; and, as you might imagine, its a long & time consuming process and if you are 18 or just above.. Don't count on any instructor taking you seriously but that's another story 🙂 Anyway, I am about 8 months into my prob. period and I got my EMT through a 4-week program.. In all honesty, if you have the luxury to find a class that will take a few months do it. It is hard to keep up with the information and actually retain it. I had to study 2-3 hours a day of the material because, although it sounds corny, if you don't know the information, treatments, protocols, field procedures, guidelines etc etc., someone could end up dead. Its just part of the job. OTher than that, it is by far one of the most rewarding careers and I promise you will not be dissappointed that you got into it. I love my job and the people I work with and I am going to sorely miss it when I go to school in the fall. Good luck with your class!!!