Summer Job - Dentist Receptionist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

le_lo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If it is a paid job in a dental office - then yes, accept it! From personal experience, I know that there is a lot to learn about practice management from a clerical perspective. You will gain a unique insight into dentistry. Furthermore, you will make some awesome connections with other dental professionals in your area. If you are wanting to get more clinical experience, you can probably volunteer on Friday's (assuming your office is M-Th). Best of luck!

You could speak to the dentist and ask if you can come into the back and shadow him/her for an hour every day. Also, this summer in the front could lead to next summer assisting in the back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anytime your working in a dental office is good exposure.

I think that would look awesome on an application. I want to do something like this as well.

Def do it. You will get a good letter of Rec from the Dentist. But make sure you ask him if you can also learn how to assist- even if it's little things. If the office does any of their own lab work, try to learn that too. Make sure you really take advantage of working there and learn everything you can. Just doing scheduling or filing isn't a big deal.