Summer Jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbutz02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you accepted are you planning on working full-time this summer? I need to do something with my time because I get bored if I sit around too much :sleep: but I want to be able to enjoy myself.
So I need a flexible job, any suggestions?
What are your plans?

Members don't see this ad.

Since I left my last job in January I was in the same boat...looking for something to do and earn a little coin.

Randomly to some extent, I found a position at my medical school (actually w/ the School of Allied Health which is connected to the med school) for a part-time Research Associate 1.

Anyway, I started this week (will commute until I move in a month) and the $$$ is great- especially for part-time work and I'll probably get some papers out of it.

You can also check w/ the school and see if they'll consider you a student worker before you begin. I know med student workers are often in demand and paid at/near $15/hr...

Good luck.

Good advice I hadn't thought of that. I was considering looking for a paid research position but I don't know what the chances of that would be.
Thanks I look into the med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
No Worky...time to party!!!! Got to the carriebean and get a job or do something not related to medicine. And if your still applying for next year and some adcom asks you why you did it, say I needed some balance in my lifestyle

I wish I could financially do that. I spent last summer travelling europe and spent most of my savings there. My parents support me pretty well but they have limits and they wouldn't be all for me just hanging out all summer. But we'll see I could make a good argument.
As for a non-medical/science related job it would definitely be a good break but getting some research in could be fun in that sick sort of way.

I'm hoping to make thousands this summer, which is why I decided not to do a research internship. I can work up to two 24-hour shifts a week as an EMT (up to that much - might be a lot less, but we'll see), and as many hours as I want working for my dad doing landscaping. I need to make money like it's going out of style, because I am BROKE.