Summer Plans??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frozen_canadian

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So whats everyone got planned for the summer? I'm still not sure what I'm doing - there are a bunch of NSERC scholarships at my school, but I did research last summer and its not my 'thing.' So right now I think I'm going travelling to Europe (and working on farms while there). I need a break after the insanity of first year.....
 
That sounds exciting. I'm too much of a homebody or maybe just too dependent to go overseas on my own. I might go on a mission trip, but I haven't decided which group I want to go with yet. I need to decide pretty soon though if I'm even going. I'll mostly be working at the same job I had last year, which is doing playtime with dogs and cats and a pet resort. It's not very vet related, but more related to what I'll be doing after I graduate and start learning/ working in animal behavior.

Are you doing anything for Spring break? I always need that break to get through any year of school. I just found out I'm going to be going to New Orleans to help with some clean up, not very restful :laugh: but I think I'll enjoy it more than staying around home.
 
I know a lot of people who are also going to New Orleans to help with the clean-up over spring break! That's a great way to spend the time. I was going to go but then I got an externship at the animal diagnostics lab on campus so I can't go to Louisiana...don't know what I'll be doing over the summer for work, but I am going on a paleontology expedition to S.D. with one of my professors. I gotta make some money this summer though 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My summer plans are to: graduate on July 1st, and start an internship in June/July. Still awaiting the match results (March 6th, a long time to wait).

Spring break I will be doing extramural studies in Islay (one of the inner Hebrides, which are islands off the west coast of Scotland). Islay is known for its smokey-flavoured whisky. I'll be seeing practice at a mixed (70% farm animal) practice and hope to get some good cases in for my mandatory case reports. My spring break is 4 weeks long and hopefully I won't have to re-take the NAVLE, as that will definitely mess up my Islay plans.
 
Working. Don't have the luxury of doing anything else.