Summer Plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EdingerWestphal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, is anybody doing something cool this summer? I am trying to decide wether I should travel, work or find somewhere to do research before starting med school in the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Sleep and hang out by the pool. Trust me, you'll wish you did this time next year.

Also, EdingerWestphal is a great name. :laugh: I'm guessing that there are more than a few pre-allo's unfamiliar with it, but they'll get it soon enough.

ill be travelling quite a bit this summer probably from mid june to mid august... plan to start in central europe and move north through denmark, ferry to stockholm from copenhagen, and another ferry to helsinki, then a train to petersburg and then down to moscow. from moscow ill head east via the trans-siberian railway through mongolia eventually ending up in beijing......

want to make the most of my summer before 4 years of med school starts!

Members don't see this ad :)
ill be travelling quite a bit this summer probably from mid june to mid august... plan to start in central europe and move north through denmark, ferry to stockholm from copenhagen, and another ferry to helsinki, then a train to petersburg and then down to moscow. from moscow ill head east via the trans-siberian railway through mongolia eventually ending up in beijing......

Can I tag along?

I wish that I was a trust fund baby. But, alas, I will be working construction, sweating in the heat, trying to pay down on my credit cards that are out of control due to interviewing costs. An ice cold beer at the end of the day will be my only comfort, my only reward, and then in August, I will trade the tools of my trade for books.

I want to travel! But, my travelling for interviews has depleted all my funds. I'll spend the summer back home...my pool-less home. Sad.

Sleep and hang out by the pool. Trust me, you'll wish you did this time next year.

Also, EdingerWestphal is a great name. :laugh: I'm guessing that there are more than a few pre-allo's unfamiliar with it, but they'll get it soon enough.

I thought somebody would like the name.

I'm thinking traveling a little and hanging out in the mountains sounds good to me.

i can't wait to see the threads discussing how best to prepare for the first med school exam the summer before the first year. ;)

I wish that I was a trust fund baby. But, alas, I will be working construction, sweating in the heat, trying to pay down on my credit cards that are out of control due to interviewing costs. An ice cold beer at the end of the day will be my only comfort, my only reward, and then in August, I will trade the tools of my trade for books.

I dont know who you are, but i like you... i will be doing the same... i have spent this whole year off working 60-70 hrs a week at 2 jobs, paying off credit cards from my trip last summer after graduation. This summer, if i ever get back to 0 on my credit cards, i will move home, work construction with my dad, and hang out with my little brothers (we have a couple back-packing trips planned...

i just want to relax a little before the whole process gets rolling again...

what am i doing this summer?

not a damn thing...

i can't wait to see the threads discussing how best to prepare for the first med school exam the summer before the first year. ;)

Don't worry, most of the pre-allo's disappear from SDN at about the time that they start medical school. When they ask questions like this before med school starts, they have a tendency to get flamed heavily.

I'll be filling out all my secondaries and tryign to turn them around within a week's time.

im working at a pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant, rowing with a master's 8 boat and volunteering at a couple of places / events AND writing my MCATs in July! :D

Muay Thai and MMA competitions. Maybe start school with a few scars!

Travel Travel Travel from late May to late June. Have to do it!

I'm going to China, 'Nam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Japan, the works of SE Asia!

Malaria research on the NIH's tab, to hopefully have enough $$ to be able to afford to move to wherever I end up matriculating...woot woot

MeCord3, if you're telling the truth, you're the man.

If I knew martial arts, I could crush my enemies...