Summer Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedLed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Talking about Summer Plans!

Members don't see this ad.

I am conflicted with what I want to do. I was fortunate to get into two programs and both will be conducted by zoom. One of them is from the NIH and states that I have to be full-time. I really want to do both though and think I am capabale but worried about the consequences if they see two sources of income during the summer

I am conflicted with what I want to do. I was fortunate to get into two programs and both will be conducted by zoom. One of them is from the NIH and states that I have to be full-time. I really want to do both though and think I am capabale but worried about the consequences if they see two sources of income during the summer

It would probably be helpful if you could describe more about what the programs entail and if they have any specific requirements that would prevent you from being able to pursue both

Members don't see this ad :)
It would probably be helpful if you could describe more about what the programs entail and if they have any specific requirements that would prevent you from being able to pursue both

DM?

worried about the consequences if they see two sources of income during the summer
Its going to be less of an issue of them seeing two sources of income and more an issue of you finding yourself double booked for things or unable to meet deadlines.

One of them is from the NIH and states that I have to be full-time.
This means they expect you to be available essentially 9-5 for whatever sort of meeting/lectures/etc... If you can't be due to commitments to the other program, that is going to create issues.

I really want to do both though and think I am capabale
One expects full time work, what does the other expect? Do you have enough research experience that you feel you can do this fairly easily? Do you know what the teaching/lecture/meeting expectations are for each? This is also really the last full summer of your life (depending on when you take Step 1 and how much time you are able to take off at the end of 4th year before residency), why do you want to do 2 (potentially) full time jobs?

Reactions: 1 user