This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandybeach528

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has applied to this program! I am going to be a recent graduate in May and applied this January.

Members don't see this ad.

Curious if anyone else has applied to this program! I am going to be a recent graduate in May and applied this January.

I applied and I’ve been refreshing my email nonstop. fingers crossed for a phone interview. I’m currently a 2nd year and recently switched from pre-PA to pursuing a public health research path. Unfortunately I made that decision pretty late, so I didn’t have much time to put together applications for all of these awesome summer programs, and Columbia’s SPHSP program was the only deadline I was able to get ahead of. In any case, SPHSP would have been my top choice anyway!

I have also applied to the program and have not received an email invite yet. I'm guessing that interview invites will be given out a couple days before the actual interviews? Do you know if they do silent rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,
I also applied to the program. I’ve been a nervous wreck for the last week refreshing my email... has anyone heard anything?? I know that Columbia won’t inform the rejects until the 23rd ish, and I just can’t wait that long! If anyone gets an email please let the rest of us know. I’m dyin here

Hi Everyone,
I also applied to the program. I’ve been a nervous wreck for the last week refreshing my email... has anyone heard anything?? I know that Columbia won’t inform the rejects until the 23rd ish, and I just can’t wait that long! If anyone gets an email please let the rest of us know. I’m dyin here

From incessantly stalking old forums, it looks like they let you know about phone interviews the Friday before the start. So maybe there’s hope for us yet and we’ll hear back about interviews Friday the 9th?

From incessantly stalking old forums, it looks like they let you know about phone interviews the Friday before the start. So maybe there’s hope for us yet and we’ll hear back about interviews Friday the 9th?
Man I hope so tallsballs, I've gotten a couple other offers (Columbia is my top choice) and they want to hear back ASAP... Can't get my mind off this decision! Anyone know how many people applied this year? I have a rather low gpa because I transferred to my current school my sophomore year and started off with Cornell orgo (not my wisest decision to date) so I'm not banking on this

Man I hope so tallsballs, I've gotten a couple other offers (Columbia is my top choice) and they want to hear back ASAP... Can't get my mind off this decision! Anyone know how many people applied this year? I have a rather low gpa because I transferred to my current school my sophomore year and started off with Cornell orgo (not my wisest decision to date) so I'm not banking on this

Congrats on hearing back from other programs! I wish they kept their social medias updated to ease our anxious minds.

Congrats on hearing back from other programs! I wish they kept their social medias updated to ease our anxious minds.
I know.. i just can't wait this long! I was expected to hear from them on March 4th for some reason, I think because that's when they heard back last year, and when I got nothing back I was really spooked. Now I'm a little calmer but pls keep me updated when Friday rolls around. I hope we all get in

Reactions: 1 user
Since interviews start on Monday I've been anxiously checking my email all week.. I haven't heard anything back yet either. According to the FAQ on their website though they say that "All selection decisions are posted via the online application no later than March 12th" So I'm assuming we'll at least know by Monday if we got an interview or not. Then based off the interview, final selections are notified on the 23rd is my understanding.

Anyone heard back yet? My hopes are pretty low but does anyone know if they email everyone prior to phone interviews stating whether they did or didn't get an interview?

Anyone heard back yet? My hopes are pretty low but does anyone know if they email everyone prior to phone interviews stating whether they did or didn't get an interview?

Still haven’t heard back. Maybe by tomorrow?

Still haven’t heard back. Maybe by tomorrow?
I also haven't heard back. I'd say if we don't hear back by tomorrow night we probably haven't made the cut... But that means there is still time for hoping!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied and haven't heard anything. Will update if I hear anything!

I also emailed them three days ago to see if they sent out phone interview invitations and I still haven't got a reply :(

If anyone is feeling brave, this is the phone number that was on their website 212-305-4157

I applied as well & I'm also refreshing my email like every 20 minutes. I hope we find out soon!!

I've also been refreshing the application portal a ton, under "application status" and the "communication" tab. I'm guessing that's where they'll put the rejections.

I just called the number provided. The woman who answered said they have postponed interviews for the next two weeks. Those selected will be notified within 1 to 2 weeks.

I just called the number provided. The woman who answered said they have postponed interviews for the next two weeks. Those selected will be notified within 1 to 2 weeks.

Thats a relief but I also don't want to wait any longer!!

those selected for the interviews will have to wait another 1 or 2 weeks? :(

Yes that's what she said. She didn't go into detail on specific dates.

I just called to clarify and she was being super vague. She didn't give a solid date as to when interview notification would be (within the next few weeks) :( She said they were doing silent rejections this year. So we just really have to wait until one of us gets an interview notification, I guess. I'm surprised they're not doing formal rejection letters. Really leaves us all in the dark.

Reactions: 1 users
I just called to clarify and she was being super vague. She didn't give a solid date as to when interview notification would be (within the next few weeks) :( She said they were doing silent rejections this year. So we just really have to wait until one of us gets an interview notification, I guess. I'm surprised they're not doing formal rejection letters. Really leaves us all in the dark.

I wonder if this means they got way too overloaded with apps this year, or if they're short on people? Did they always do silent rejections, or is it just this year?

Yea she was very vague. I wish they would send a memo out on the site with a specific date.

I wonder if this means they got way too overloaded with apps this year, or if they're short on people? Did they always do silent rejections, or is it just this year?

I may be wrong, but for some reason I recall looking at the website during early Feb after I submitted my own application, and I noticed something about the application being open until February 8th, 2018...that date isn't on there anymore but leads me to believe maybe they extended for lack of applicants? Not sure.

I may be wrong, but for some reason I recall looking at the website during early Feb after I submitted my own application, and I noticed something about the application being open until February 8th, 2018...that date isn't on there anymore but leads me to believe maybe they extended for lack of applicants? Not sure.
I believe that date was for the recommendation letters. My recommender said she had until Feb 8 to submit the letter, but It could have applied to the students as well...I'm not sure.

Since we have time would anyone like to share stats?. And also what did you guys decide to write about for the essay?.

GPA...3.7
Volunteer....hospital, and microbiology intern
Senior...Bio, honors major

GPA 3.4 B.S Public Health, I'll be graduating this May.
I have undergraduate research in public health, volunteered in my local health department, worked as a lab assistant in a biochemistry lab, and held leadership positions in my organizations.
I wrote my essay about reforming sexual education and access to contraceptives in my home state of Texas!

GPA 3.4 B.S Public Health, I'll be graduating this May.
I have undergraduate research in public health, volunteered in my local health department, worked as a lab assistant in a biochemistry lab, and held leadership positions in my organizations.
I wrote my essay about reforming sexual education and access to contraceptives in my home state of Texas!
Sounds awesome!!..I hope we all hear something back!

Did anyone else apply for the UCLA program? I think that I supposed to hear back by today if I’ve been invited for an interview but i haven’t received any emails

Did anyone else apply for the UCLA program? I think that I supposed to hear back by today if I’ve been invited for an interview but i haven’t received any emails

I applied to the UCLA program also but haven't heard back yet. The website says mid-march so I'm thinking it may be next week or even the week after.

I applied to the UCLA program also but haven't heard back yet. The website says mid-march so I'm thinking it may be next week or even the week after.

I got an email a couple weeks ago saying that we would be notified by March 8/9 /:

I got an email a couple weeks ago saying that we would be notified by March 8/9 /:
Oh yeah I forgot about that email..Someone posted on here that their friend got an interview invite so it seems like they went out already unfortunately :/

Has anyone else heard back?

I applied for the UCLA program & haven't heard back yet either :/

Do they do silent rejections that any of you know of?

Did anyone apply to the MCHC Rise-Up program??

Did anyone apply to the MCHC Rise-Up program??
I applied to MCHC rise up at UC Davis and had my phone interview on Feb 20th. I also had my interview for IMHOTEP Morehouse on Feb 26th. But I have not heard back from UCLA, Columbia, or FPHLP.

@rsab are interview decisions out for IMHOTEP Morehouse? I applied and that's my top choice kind of worried. Were you notified via email?

@rsab are interview decisions out for IMHOTEP Morehouse? I applied and that's my top choice kind of worried. Were you notified via email?
I have not heard back from them yet, but I will let you know if I do!

@rsab I applied and didn't hear back about a interview so did they already send an email to select candidates? thank you!

@rsab I applied and didn't hear back about a interview so did they already send an email to select candidates? thank you!
They had sent out emails in mid-February to schedule interviews, and from what I understand most of the interviews have already been carried out. But no final decisions have been made regarding which candidates were accepted.

You’d think Columbia would send out an email by now telling us that the interviews are running a week or two late... I wonder why they had to extend it like this

Grateful for this thread, but also nervous because I haven't heard back from so many. Applied to UCLA, Columbia, PHLFP, Project IMHOTEP, and MCHC-RISE UP- Kennedy Krieger and haven't heard back from anyone. I sent an email to PHLFP/Project IMHOTEP to get a better sense of their timeline because I truly had no idea they were interviewing so early. But, good luck to everyone. Ugh, this is so nerve wracking lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone bothered columbia today to see what's up? Low key I'm thinking about calling up and bothering them today but I have no idea what to say