• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

zama

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2002
Status (Visible)
I know that you should do research that really interests you, but say if you want to get into a competitive speciality as orthopedic surgery, would it be highly recommended to do summer research in orthopedics and would it be better for clinical or non-clinical?

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
It really doesn't matter...if you want to do research, then do it. Doing research can't hurt, but think about priorities in your life.

Like, getting married...going on a final vacation or mission trip, or exchange program. Or just spending time with your loved ones.

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
research is more about the process than the actual topic, but then again, there's no better way than to show your interest and dedication to a field than to do research in that particular field. basic science research generally is viewed with more clout than clinical research.

About the Ads

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Status (Visible)
Keep in mind that you need a do-able project that you will be able to publish. That is exceedingly difficult to accomplish in a very brief summer vacation, especially if you value your weekends.

Deuce 007 MD

license to ill
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2002
in bed with your mom
Status (Visible)
What if you don't publish? I have no idea of what specialty i want to do in the future, so what type of research should I get into? I was thinking about doing some type of autopsy research, at least that way I can get more familiar w/anatomy and pathology, do you guys think this is a good idea for some summer research?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.