SUNY Buffalo or NOVA (WPB)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyshodog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have thoughts on both, which would you choose if you had to decided where to go for your pharmacy studies. Much feedback is appreciated! Thanks! ;-)

Members don't see this ad.

I would go with Nova all the way....Weather is horrible here in Buffalo and nothing to do in Buffalo. Plus it's crazy hard in Buffalo. Average P-1 GPA is like 2.7

I am in Nova undergrad (applying to pharmacy school for fall 07) but I am originally from Buffalo!! So I see both sides of the story: Nova is a great school, the buildings are new and beautiful and its close to everything: the beach, the malls, great food and cluture. However, its expensive, very expensive to live and attend school there. The weather is nice, but its really hot over the summer and it will rain almost everyday (summer rains). Living in florida you always have to possibility of hurricanes which can be severe (so don't ONLY listen to those people who say that the snow in Buffalo is bad, you will get bad weather no matter where you go!)
Buffalo also has plenty to do especially downtown, obviously the weather is a draw back however, you do get to experience the character of the seasons...which I can say I really miss!! The snow can be good if you ski or snowboard- plus you get snow days. Buffalo is not nearly as expensive as ft.lauderdale (thats where nova is located, actually the city is called davie)

I can say that these two schools are very different. I have friends that attend both Nova pharm school and Buffalo pharm school, they both love it. Its really your personal preference about the little things that will matter the most to you!
hope this helps!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you interested in? Buffalo has international prominence in pharmacokinetics and both the PharmD and PhD faculty researchers are very and productive. If you are interested in clinical research and/or pharmacokinetics Buffalo is the obvious choice.

What are you interested in? Buffalo has international prominence in pharmacokinetics and both the PharmD and PhD faculty researchers are very and productive. If you are interested in clinical research and/or pharmacokinetics Buffalo is the obvious choice.

and can you say cheap tuition (strictly in relative terms)

I would go with Nova all the way....Weather is horrible here in Buffalo and nothing to do in Buffalo. Plus it's crazy hard in Buffalo. Average P-1 GPA is like 2.7

You're an idiot.

For those who have thoughts on both, which would you choose if you had to decided where to go for your pharmacy studies. Much feedback is appreciated! Thanks! ;-)

Both school are good but ive heard much better things about Buffalo but thats heard. ive never been there, students say the classes and professors are awesome and the city life too while mixed reviews for nova with tuition problems but nice beaches lol but i guess when ur in pharmacy school its mostly work and little play for later in life or what comes first.

Our class last semester had no D's or F's. Pretty respectable for 123 people. City isn't bad at all. Tuition is impressively affordable... Great people in faculty staff and students...

Go UB.

dude NOVA is osthopoathic school ... UB is Allopathic, isn't that enough for you?

our class of 2011 has average GPA of 3.65 and MCAT of 31 and we had the most 240+ on Step1 in the state ever! ... do you get the point?

dude NOVA is osthopoathic school ... UB is Allopathic, isn't that enough for you?

our class of 2011 has average GPA of 3.65 and MCAT of 31 and we had the most 240+ on Step1 in the state ever! ... do you get the point?

that would be completely relevant if we were talking about med school...

by the way, your arrogance is pretty ignorant; i know some outstanding DOs that i would recommend over MDs. You should open your eyes, because they are legally considered an equal.