SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jglemonade1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, My friend got an interview last week at SUNY Buffalo, and he got a letter today saying that they would put him on hold. Does this mean that they are waitlisting him or that he will probably get rejected? Anyone know who did this last year?

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved the same leter today:( I'm assuming it's a waitlist letter. Being placed on hold and waitlisted are the same, right??

Yea I'm thinking that they are waiting to see the other applicants who apply later, and then ranking everyone in a waitlist. I think that is why they say you won't hear until March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the hold letter today. Nothing to be upset about, as Buffalo admits most everyone on the list and I liked Syracuse so much more after interviewing there this week.

I just got aletter saying that I am in the "Intermediate Pool" I havent interviewed yet but it says that I can either move up (meaning getting an interview) or down (rejection). Has anyone else received this type of letter?

I find it ironic that I got interviewed at Einstein, GWU and SUNY Downstate and I am in the inetrmediate pool for Buffalo. No disrespect to Buffalo, but I found it quite random.

yes, i unfortunately got the same..... "intermediate pool"
well, on hold now with Penn State and Buffalo. randomness.
29 more schools to go!

That sounds strange. My neighbor used to be dean for the medical school, and he's been talking to me and saying that they put a ton of people on the waitlist and rank them in the 1st third, 2cnd third, last third. Everyone in the 1st third gets in, and half the 2cnd third basically. I'm still waiting for an interview or a letter or something from there.... Oh yea..he also said they give preference to WNY people.

Glad to hear that serge23. I got that same letter, and I was damn near ****ting, because I thought I was done for all my other schools. I have 3 other interviews, and nothing against buffalo, but the only thing that they have that I want is that they are a SUNY. So glad to hear that they are random.

nope. Dr. Katz. Not quite sure what kind of dean he was...but something with the UB med school.