Program-Specific Info / Q's SUNY Downstate June 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. This is delayed but...I had my interview Feb 10th. It was on faculty screener 3 before the interview and it still says faculty screener 3 now. It was never changed to interview scheduled. I was supposed to interview with Dr Thomas but she was sick so I interviewed with Dr. Desport. Haven't heard anything since but it's only been 2 weeks so I am still hopeful.
 
Hey guys. This is delayed but...I had my interview Feb 10th. It was on faculty screener 3 before the interview and it still says faculty screener 3 now. It was never changed to interview scheduled. I was supposed to interview with Dr Thomas but she was sick so I interviewed with Dr. Desport. Haven't heard anything since but it's only been 2 weeks so I am still hopeful.
Good luck! And welcome to dreaded waiting game 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if anyone has been rejected/waitlisted yet? You would think they would send that out already to the people they definitely don't want!
 
Has anyone heard anything either regarding their own status or someone else's? It's almost March and most schools have sent out decisions already. I just want the waiting to end.
 
Is anyone's status still interview scheduled? Also, I applied last year and did not receive an interview and got a rejection letter via e-mail somewhere during the first few weeks of March.
 
Is anyone's status still interview scheduled? Also, I applied last year and did not receive an interview and got a rejection letter via e-mail somewhere during the first few weeks of March.
I am still on interview scheduled. It is killing me not knowing exactly what it means!
 
I don't know what it means exactly but I take it as they are not going forward with my application 🙁 I called 1 week ago and emailed 2 weeks ago but no response at all from admissions. Has anyone made contact recently?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called to find out what was happening and what I was told is that basically if they are not sure right away if they definitely want you, they wait until most of the interviews are over so they can compare you to the other applicants. She also told me to not loose hope, so I guess this is somewhat good news that we haven't been flat out rejected yet.
 
I called to find out what was happening and what I was told is that basically if they are not sure right away if they definitely want you, they wait until most of the interviews are over so they can compare you to the other applicants. She also told me to not loose hope, so I guess this is somewhat good news that we haven't been flat out rejected yet.
Thanks for the update!!! 🙂 however, I'm not sure if this makes me more relieved or more anxious than I was before :/ lol
 
finally caved and got an account--I was just offered an interview today (weird, I know), but was wondering what everyone wore to their interview. Any suggestions?
 
Is anyone else's checklist not loading on spelunker?
Mine looks like this
 

Attachments

  • downstate.JPG
    downstate.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 167
My spelunker doesn't look like that either :thinking:
For the interview I wore a printed blouse under black blazer with black pants and a short heel. I think it's important to be comfortable in whatever you decide to wear. If you are uncomfortable it may look bad in the interview and you may come off as awkward or uptight, even if that's not really your personality. Just relax, be yourself, at the end they will ask if there is anything else you would like to add... I blanked on that but later thought of a hundred things I should have mentioned. I wish you the best of luck:xf:
 
Welp, I haven't heard anything. That can't be good 🙁
Did you get an email or you just saw on your status?

Congrats by the way!
 
I got an email this morning saying my decision was available on the apply yourself website. So I logged on and saw that I was wait-listed. I actually think it may be better you guys haven't heard because I feel like they haven't filled up the class yet and I am already wait-listed. Does anyone happen to know how difficult it is to get off the wait-list or how many people are on it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email this morning saying my decision was available on the apply yourself website. So I logged on and saw that I was wait-listed. I actually think it may be better you guys haven't heard because I feel like they haven't filled up the class yet and I am already wait-listed. Does anyone happen to know how difficult it is to get off the wait-list or how many people are on it?
I mean I could be wrong, but I feel like they wouldn't wait-list someone if their class wasn't filled yet. Idk :/ I just want to find out soon.
Keep your head up. After lurking last years threads, I've seen several people get off the wait-list.
 
@Ohtea did you hear anything yet?

Nothing... my status says Interview Scheduled. I think being interviewed by alumni is a huge disadvantage since their opinion doesn't hold as much weight as a faculty member. Congrats on being wait-listed @jkr566 :highfive: Hopefully you'll get off the list sooner than later!
 
Hi all. I, too, decided to join this thread after a lot of stalking. Just wondering what the status of interviews is so far. My application still says "sent to committee" and hasn't changed since November. Just curious when these rolling interviews will end. It's really frustrating because I feel like I am a very strong candidate (already have a master's degree in Psychology and years of clinical work experience, as well as a publication in a medical journal). Good luck to everyone else!

Did you hear anything @exPSYted ?
 
A good way to maybe get an idea of your status is to log onto the admissions checklist. Mine was just updated today to include all the requirements in case I get accepted off the alternate list. I know from looking at the threads from past years that many people got an updated checklist before they received an official decision.
 
I got an email this morning saying my decision was available on the apply yourself website. So I logged on and saw that I was wait-listed. I actually think it may be better you guys haven't heard because I feel like they haven't filled up the class yet and I am already wait-listed. Does anyone happen to know how difficult it is to get off the wait-list or how many people are on it?

What was your interview date?
 
I still don't understand why people have been accepted, rejected, and waistlisted at this point and yet we still have yet to hear ANYTHING, one way or the other...

Very odd process
 
I still don't understand why people have been accepted, rejected, and waistlisted at this point and yet we still have yet to hear ANYTHING, one way or the other...

Very odd process

I agree... I also don't like the fact that some people get responses while others are flat out ignored. The lack of respect and continuity makes me second guess the school. This is how they treat their students?
 
Last edited:
Ok I caved and emailed admissions, asking for some sort of follow up. I told them I'd heard people had already been accepted, rejected, and wait-listed and that I was worried I had missed some important correspondence from admissions. They said "at this time your application is still being reviewed by the committee..."

Sooooo yeah. Still no answer. But I guess that means we're not rejected at least? hehe looking for silver lining...😵:shrug:🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok I caved and emailed admissions, asking for some sort of follow up. I told them I'd heard people had already been accepted, rejected, and wait-listed and that I was worried I had missed some important correspondence from admissions. They said "at this time your application is still being reviewed by the committee..."

Sooooo yeah. Still no answer. But I guess that means we're not rejected at least? hehe looking for silver lining...😵:shrug:🤣
I emailed them too.. And got the same response! 🙁