Program-Specific Info / Q's SUNY Downstate June 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to let everyone know, I emailed admissions this morning and they said- "We are still choosing candidates for our incoming class. Within the next two weeks, all of the applicants will receive their decisions from the Office of Admissions"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to let everyone know, I emailed admissions this morning and they said- "We are still choosing candidates for our incoming class. Within the next two weeks, all of the applicants will receive their decisions from the Office of Admissions"

Thanks for sharing!

I am probably declining SUNY Downstate so one of you lucky ones will get in....:smuggrin: Be funny if I get to pick.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard anything!

I'm also still waiting!!! So frustrating! The program starts in less than 2 months and I need time to mentally prepare myself if I get in!

I just heard today. I got waitlisted. I'm kinda annoyed I waited forever to even get that kind of decision and now they are asking me to wait longer. I am going up this weekend to look at apartments for my second choice program (Ithaca) which starts in mid May. I'm not sure yet if I'm even going to accept a spot on the waitlist.

Hey Relentlesswanderer, how did you find out that you were waitlisted and did they ever interview you this time around?

I just gave up my seat. Sad because I worked really hard on the application, but glad to know that I will make someone happy. :) Good luck!

The people who have heard from Downstate- are you from NY or out of state? I'm still waiting to hear! I'm from NY and I wonder if that has anything to do with it somehow.

Did anyone on the waitlist hear back yet?
Also have you submitted your health forms?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from them??!

@OTinfo I am...haven't heard anything. They told me my application was still being processed..

They emailed me today asking for more information... strange, pretty late in the game for that. I have no idea what system is in place there.

My application status still says "sent to commitee" I haven't received an interview or a rejection. I called them and they said your application is still under review and applicants are still being interviewed. It's almost May! I have lost all hope by now. I wonder if there is anyone in the same boat as I am or is it just me??

My application status still says "sent to commitee" I haven't received an interview or a rejection. I called them and they said your application is still under review and applicants are still being interviewed. It's almost May! I have lost all hope by now. I wonder if there is anyone in the same boat as I am or is it just me??
I'm in the same boat as you. No rejection, no interview, my application still says sent to committee also.... ugh

Yup. Same boat over here. I'm already applying for jobs in the business sector because I've given up all hope at this point. I've never seen this level of disorganization. I'm considering calling the school for a refund for my application if I receive no word by June.

Same here. No word by June, I'll also be seeking a refund.

I got accepted off of the alternate list and will be attending!
Good luck to all! :)

I got accepted off of the alternate list and will be attending!
Good luck to all! :)
when/how did you find out you were accepted off the alternate list? Also did you hand in your health forms?

Ahh a week ago on Spelunker I had the accepted/alternate list checklist, but I still haven't heard anything!!! This is crazy!!! How soon after the checklist was up did you guys hear? Also for all you people waitlisted when did you find out?

I have to think if we haven't heard anything we didn't get in. Seems way too late for anything new and they're already pulling from the wait list.

Sorry for the negativity.

Congrats hopefulot234!
Do we have enough people on our program for a Facebook group? We're the only year that doesn't have one!

Otinfo if spelunker was updated a week ago you'll prob be getting an email any day now.

I have to think if we haven't heard anything we didn't get in. Seems way too late for anything new and they're already pulling from the wait list.

Sorry for the negativity.

My thoughts exactly, but I mean anything is possible. I just wish if we were rejected they could at least let us know that much. Congrats to everyone who got accepted though!

Accepted students: did you receive the schedule for the summer yet? Just curious the days and times of classes in case I do end up getting accepted!

My thoughts exactly, but I mean anything is possible. I just wish if we were rejected they could at least let us know that much. Congrats to everyone who got accepted though!
I wish most schools were better with rejection letters. They really should be the first letters sent out, imo. We can handle it.

Congrats hopefulot234!
Do we have enough people on our program for a Facebook group? We're the only year that doesn't have one!

Otinfo if spelunker was updated a week ago you'll prob be getting an email any day now.
I'm not sure but I definitely support starting one!

To answer some of the other question, I was waitlisted about a month ago and found out a month later. I got my waitlist notification and my spelunker was updated right after. @OTinfo, have you contacted admissions to see what's up with your checklist? I definitely think it's a good sign that it has been updated.
Good luck all!

What a terrible process... so disappointed with how they treat prospective students. I declined my offer since I was accepted at my first choice school so hopefully that helps someone on here trying to still get in! Good luck everyone, don't give up!!! Look at other schools and options.

Don't loose hope!! I got off it and so did a few people on the boards last year, so we're proof it's far from impossible! :)
Just got off the waitlist! Two days after accepting my spot on it!!!

Just got off the waitlist! Two days after accepting my spot on it!!!

Congrats! Question: Did you submit your health forms yet? I decided to do the waitlist because I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it as an option. I plan to send my health forms in by the end of the week and order my transcripts around the same time. I was wondering though if it mattered when you sent them in in terms of getting accepted.

Congrats! Question: Did you submit your health forms yet? I decided to do the waitlist because I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it as an option. I plan to send my health forms in by the end of the week and order my transcripts around the same time. I was wondering though if it mattered when you sent them in in terms of getting accepted.
I didn't send my health forms in yet, but I sent my unofficial transcript of my courses in progress and passport.

Accepted students: I was looking at the calendar and there doesn't seem to be any break between summer and fall semesters. Is that correct or was I looking at the wrong thing? Seems crazy to go from June until December...

I didn't send my health forms in yet, but I sent my unofficial transcript of my courses in progress and passport.

Accepted students: I was looking at the calendar and there doesn't seem to be any break between summer and fall semesters. Is that correct or was I looking at the wrong thing? Seems crazy to go from June until December...
Yes, it's true. I was hoping it would be 8 weeks but summer is 12 weeks. Had a little bit f a hard time digesting this too.

Yes, it's true. I was hoping it would be 8 weeks but summer is 12 weeks. Had a little bit f a hard time digesting this too.
OTinfo did you register for class yet? I can send you the schedule if you want to look at it. I took a screen shot.

OTinfo did you register for class yet? I can send you the schedule if you want to look at it. I took a screen shot.
Thanks so much, but someone already sent me the schedule. I didn't register yet, but I'm assuming I will be contacted about that soon?

Hey Everyone! I just finished submitting my application for the 2016-17 cycle
These are my stats! Downstate is my number one choice so i'm hoping to get in!!
Undergrad: 3.370
Current pre-req GPA: 3.740
Current science pre-req GPA: 3.540
Observation hours: 210 (160 inpatient, 50 outpatient)
Work experiences: Clinical aid ( 1150+ hours)
Acceptance:
Interviews: