SUNY downstate letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormking

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a little confused about the letters of recommendation from SUNY downstate. In their web site, it says they only need two letters of recommendation from two faculties members. Does that mean they don't need a shadowing physician letter???

"If you are submitting individual letters, please submit no more than two letters (one must be from a science professor). "
"If you have graduated from college and are currently employed or are a non-traditional applicant, you may submit two individual letters of recommendation if you are unable to submit a premedical advisor or a committee letter. One letter should be from a science faculty member who has taught you in one of the science courses required for admission, and the second letter may be from your supervisor at your place of employment, or a faculty member who has taught you recently. "<--------

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure what you are confused about. They are asking for two letters from faculty. I didn't have any shadowing experience so no recommendation from a physician and did fine.