SUNY Downstate Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVanNostran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with this question:

11. If you are not from the New York City metropolitan area (Five Boroughs), describe what personal experiences prepare you to live and study in New York City, and what will be your personal support system?

I know what to talk about for the personal support part, but personal experiences...hmmmm......

I have lived close or near home my entire life? I can only think about leadership activities, etc...any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

DrVanNostran said:

11. If you are not from the New York City metropolitan area (Five Boroughs), describe what personal experiences prepare you to live and study in New York City, and what will be your personal support system?

I know what to talk about for the personal support part, but personal experiences...hmmmm......

I have lived close or near home my entire life? I can only think about leadership activities, etc...any advice?

11? Are there really that many questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
DrVanNostran said:

They probably mean living in a city like New York. I wrote mine based on my upbringing in Alexandria. Your profile says your from Chicago, so describing where you grew up will probably satisfy them. Good luck

thanks for the reply, I ended up talking about chicago:)

would you mind posting the other partII questions for that school.

-mike

so we gotta dig up a typewriter for this sucker, or does a program other than adobe reader let us fill in the blanks?

If you can get your hands on Adobe Indesign you can simply overlay text boxes on existing untouchable adobe files. that is what i did for my college apps. worked like a charm.

do you guys have secondaries for any of the other suny schools. I am from NY and need them.

btw, did they send you this secondary or did you just search the web and find them. i still have to hit submit but my transcipts are in limbo.

-mike

dittozip said:
do you guys have secondaries for any of the other suny schools. I am from NY and need them.

btw, did they send you this secondary or did you just search the web and find them. i still have to hit submit but my transcipts are in limbo.

-mike

search the school websites to find em. downstate is the only one that has been updated for 2007. upstate and stony are still 2006.

Robizzle said:
search the school websites to find em. downstate is the only one that has been updated for 2007. upstate and stony are still 2006.

Upstate needs to update thiers asap since its an easy secondary

DrVanNostran said:
Upstate needs to update thiers asap since its an easy secondary

agreed 10,000%

Okay. Work with me here.

Remember in the movie, "Castaway", how Tom Hanks had "Wilson"??
I think you should come up with something similar. Maybe make it a baseball or something else, you know, for originality. Wilson is your support system. See? Easy Peasy.