SUNY Downstate VS CUSM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kassafrass

Reaction score
CUSM:
pros:
- close to fam
- Most residents match in CA

Cons:
- relatively weak match list compared to SUNY
- Lack of reputation/ lots of unknowns

SUNY:
pros:
- Better match potential / more established school w/ good track record
-Con:
- far from family and all of support system

Please please help me out I am feeling horribly anxious

Members don't see this ad.

do you know what you want to do/where you want to match? if it's something competitive, SUNY will help. if not, being close to a support system makes a huge difference.

do you know what you want to do/where you want to match? if it's something competitive, SUNY will help. if not, being close to a support system makes a huge difference.
Not entirely sure.... but psych/ internal are my top two at the moment, which is why I feel like CUSM could be okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOuld love to match into a strong program tho

Not entirely sure.... but psych/ internal are my top two at the moment, which is why I feel like CUSM could be okay.
I haven't looked at CUSM match list but you could definitely match psych/internal. it depends on how important being close to family is for you and where you want to match. you should take a look at CUSM match list and see where students have matched the past couple years