You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Suny Downstate-"You will hear something soon?"
Started by siliconknight00
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratualtions to all the recently accepted!
!!! CONGRATULATIONS
!!
!! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On Alternate List
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
marylandMD: Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27
Necron: Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, there's still hope!
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
marylandMD: Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27
Necron: Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, there's still hope!
On Alternate List
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
marylandMD: Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27
Necron: Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
singo (OOS/F): Int: 1/15 Alt: ? Accepted: 7/15
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
marylandMD: Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27
Necron: Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
singo (OOS/F): Int: 1/15 Alt: ? Accepted: 7/15
i'm not sure which status page you're referring to...do you mean this one:
http://spelunker.downstate.edu/admissions/admissions-checklist/source/portal_logon.asp
http://spelunker.downstate.edu/admissions/admissions-checklist/source/portal_logon.asp
Yes that page under "Student Admissions Requirements Needed for Registration"i'm not sure which status page you're referring to...do you mean this one:
http://spelunker.downstate.edu/admissions/admissions-checklist/source/portal_logon.asp
I actually don't see the words "Acceptance Response" (or any other words of that nature) anywhere.
The only indication that I was accepted is the fact that there's a checklist of health forms, transcript requirements, immunization requirements, etc
The only indication that I was accepted is the fact that there's a checklist of health forms, transcript requirements, immunization requirements, etc
Did you get a call offering you a spot? Because those items on the checklist, I think, are put onto everyone who is on the alternate list.I actually don't see the words "Acceptance Response" (or any other words of that nature) anywhere.
The only indication that I was accepted is the fact that there's a checklist of health forms, transcript requirements, immunization requirements, etc
BTW, I did have the "acceptance response" line on my checklist - I probably noticed it over a week before I was officially accepted though.
Did you get a call offering you a spot? Because those items on the checklist, I think, are put onto everyone who is on the alternate list.
BTW, I did have the "acceptance response" line on my checklist - I probably noticed it over a week before I was officially accepted though.
Yep I got a call from Admissions. I think the woman's name was Iliana but I'm not 100% certain.
I still don't actually see the "acceptance response" line on my checklist. Perhaps I'm overlooking it entirely or maybe they haven't updated my status page yet..
It stands for Status Page change. We thought (at the time) that the update timing might have something to do with acceptances. Now, it looks like each alternate was updated on different days, but it was not correlated with acceptances.what does SP stand for in the list of alternates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It stands for Status Page change. We thought (at the time) that the update timing might have something to do with acceptances. Now, it looks like each alternate was updated on different days, but it was not correlated with acceptances.
oh so u mean u thought the faster you get ur stuff in the more chances u'll get the acceptance...i c.
No, more like, "If they pulled my file took the time to do something with it, then they must be considering me."oh so u mean u thought the faster you get ur stuff in the more chances u'll get the acceptance...i c.
If you feel okay about it, let's add some stats (GPA, MCAT):
On Alternate List
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F/4.0/29): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
marylandMD: Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
singo (OOS/F): Int: 1/15 Alt: ? Accepted: 7/15
Necron (IS/M): Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/22
On Alternate List
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F/4.0/29): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
marylandMD: Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
singo (OOS/F): Int: 1/15 Alt: ? Accepted: 7/15
Necron (IS/M): Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/22
Hey guys,
I have a 3.4 GPA and a 27 MCAT, I'm debating whether I should fill out the secondary for downstate. Based on your experience in applying and your stats, would you advise me to send it in or do I not have a chance at all? I'm just trying to minimize costs by not sending secondaries where I dont have a shot.
Thanks and good luck to all of those still waiting.
I have a 3.4 GPA and a 27 MCAT, I'm debating whether I should fill out the secondary for downstate. Based on your experience in applying and your stats, would you advise me to send it in or do I not have a chance at all? I'm just trying to minimize costs by not sending secondaries where I dont have a shot.
Thanks and good luck to all of those still waiting.
Hey guys,
I have a 3.4 GPA and a 27 MCAT, I'm debating whether I should fill out the secondary for downstate. Based on your experience in applying and your stats, would you advise me to send it in or do I not have a chance at all? I'm just trying to minimize costs by not sending secondaries where I dont have a shot.
Thanks and good luck to all of those still waiting.
you might want to add a few more schools homie, you can worry about the cost later.
might also wanna hit up the MCATs again to give yourself a shot
Gavanshir,
I definitely agree with drharps. You will have to play your odds with your mcat and gpa, better to apply broadly and increase your chances that way. At the end of the day, you'll be so far in debt that an extra $100 or $200 here and there will just be drops in a bucket.
I definitely agree with drharps. You will have to play your odds with your mcat and gpa, better to apply broadly and increase your chances that way. At the end of the day, you'll be so far in debt that an extra $100 or $200 here and there will just be drops in a bucket.
As lame as it sounds, I have to say your app is more than just your numbers. If I believed otherwise, I would never have even bothered to apply to med school in the first place. And believe it or not, the med schools believe that too. Or else they wouldn't bother reading your essays and ECs and interviewing you. The application process is a long road. Put your best foot forward in every step of this road and concentrate on your strengths.
And like the champ said, apply broadly. It can only help, especially when you think about the cost of reapplying just because you were stubborn and stingy. And you never know, you might fall in love with a school you added later on.
And like the champ said, apply broadly. It can only help, especially when you think about the cost of reapplying just because you were stubborn and stingy. And you never know, you might fall in love with a school you added later on.
AGGG!!! It's not over guys! Just got the call! Good luck to everyone!
AGGG!!! It's not over guys! Just got the call! Good luck to everyone!
I got a call about an hour ago also!!!!
Woooohooooo!
Here I go Brooklyn!
Good Luck Everyone!!


FYI, I'm OOS male.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow.. its still moving! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
congrats guys. finally some OOS males. i gotta ask squirrelKing... Downstate or Georgetown?
I chose Downstate. I loved the school too much to say no. I am pretty thrilled right now...
Just an update!
On Alternate List
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
singo (OOS/F): Int: 1/15 Alt: ? Accepted: 7/15
Necron (IS/M): Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/22
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10 Accepted: 7/25
marylandMD (OOS/M): Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/25
On Alternate List
handwriting: (IS/M) Int: 1/8 Hold: 3/17 Alt: 7/3
rightfooted: (IS/M): Int: 3/10 Hold: 5/27 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10
ClenKeane: Int: 11/20 Hold: 2/4 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
drharps (OOS/M): Int: 10/02 Hold: 11/16? Alt: 6/27 SP:7/10
a868373 (IS/F): Int: 2/20 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
OZman: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27
NJGNY: Int: 3/5 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/30
Heroes31: Int: 12/13 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/9
wannabewillbe: Int: 1/31 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/11
Accepted
lobita: Int: 1/? Hold: 4/? Accepted: 6/17
justadreamer: Int: 3/? Hold: ? Accepted: 6/19
NYGirl243: Accepted: 7/9
FashonistaMD(OOS/F): Int 1/9 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/9
the champ (OOS/F): Int: 1/14 Hold: 5/19 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
dinosims (IS/M): Int 3/5 Hold: ? Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/8 Accepted: 7/17
mishelli (OOS/F): Int: 11/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/15
singo (OOS/F): Int: 1/15 Alt: ? Accepted: 7/15
Necron (IS/M): Int: 1/17 Hold: ?? Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/22
squirrelking (OOS): Int: 10/27 Hold: 2/20 Alt: 6/27 SP: 7/10 Accepted: 7/25
marylandMD (OOS/M): Int: 10/17 Hold: 12/11 Alt: 6/27 Accepted: 7/25
Hey guys, this might be a stupid question. But how did you guys get your usernames and password for the status check page? I don't think I was ever given an opportunity to set one up. Thanks!
The username and password is [firstname].[lastname] and your AMCAS ID number, respectively and without the brackets of course. There's no setup required. The office will send the info when you are accepted.Hey guys, this might be a stupid question. But how did you guys get your usernames and password for the status check page? I don't think I was ever given an opportunity to set one up. Thanks!
username and password don't appear to be working for me. But, thank you! I'll just await for info from the Admissions Office.
username and password don't appear to be working for me. But, thank you! I'll just await for info from the Admissions Office.
AMCAS ID for both
Great! Logged in! Thank you!
No worries! Thanks for replying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know how strict downstate is about their phone call policy? i've heard that buffalo has this thing about how if they don't get LIVE contact, you're basically off the list... and they dont leave messages nor send e-mails... does downstate do something similar?
For anyone who's been accepted off the list: do they leave messages? and if they don't, is the number they call from a number that's public? (so you can see the number they are calling from? or is it private?) What about e-mails?
sorry guys, i came across the buffalo thing and started to get a bit freaked.. =X
good luck!!!

For anyone who's been accepted off the list: do they leave messages? and if they don't, is the number they call from a number that's public? (so you can see the number they are calling from? or is it private?) What about e-mails?
sorry guys, i came across the buffalo thing and started to get a bit freaked.. =X
good luck!!!


Hey guys! I got the magic call from Ilana this morning, so don't give up hope. I'm an in-state male, so take that for what you will.
In response to wannabewillbe's question on the status of their phone number, it appears to not even be listed. That is, I didn't get their number or the phrase "private number" on my caller ID, I just got "unknown name, unknown number". Normally I would have simply ignored it as a telemarketer, but I wasn't taking any chances!
In response to wannabewillbe's question on the status of their phone number, it appears to not even be listed. That is, I didn't get their number or the phrase "private number" on my caller ID, I just got "unknown name, unknown number". Normally I would have simply ignored it as a telemarketer, but I wasn't taking any chances!
I'm pretty sure that when I got the call from Ilana, the number came up as a 718 number.
I'm not sure about that weird policy, but on the alternate form, they asked for a few numbers as well as if they could talk to anyone else...so it seems like they try to make contact in as many ways as possible.
I'm not sure about that weird policy, but on the alternate form, they asked for a few numbers as well as if they could talk to anyone else...so it seems like they try to make contact in as many ways as possible.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 825
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K