SUNY GENESEO vs UNew Hampshire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danyellie1913

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is better for pre-med? I can't decide. Which one is better known?

Members don't see this ad.

Which one is better for pre-med? I can't decide. Which one is better known?

I've never heard of SUNY Geneseo and the only reason I know of UNH is because I go to med school in NH, so neither is particularly well known. Then again, I went to a fairly unknown undergrad and I'm in med school, so it probably doesn't matter. Go to the one you like the best.

The undergraduate school you go will be essentially inconsequential on your medical school applications. Go with the school that is giving you more money, where you will be happiest, and where you will do well academically.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could always transfer if you dont like where you go.
I'd go with SUNY.

I am a freshman at Geneseo, it's pretty awesome here, but be prepared, it's hard, really hard. But if you can survive it, we have something like a 94% acceptance rate to medical school. And if you can't handle the heat, you can always do as my Chem prof says and "switch to an equal, though less quantitative major, such as Sociology" or transfer if you dont like it.

UNDERGRAD?!!!! WHO CARES?! Go where you'll be happy & do well.
Geez - by the time you're a sophomore you may decide to become an engineer or something, kid. Stop worrying about it now! :rolleyes: