SUNY Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shannon804

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my letter from SUNY today (interviewed last week). It says the admin committee is unable to commit to my candidacy and they are putting me on hold. Obviously this is a big bummer-- did anyone else receive a letter like this and what exactly does it mean? Should I bother being hopeful or is this a prelude to a rejection letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds better than being flat-out rejected, which happens to some people after interviews. Usually, they form wait lists, and NEVER do all students who were admitted attend (i.e. some chose other schools, etc).

May I ask what your stats (gpa, science gpa, oat) are, and how you felt your interviews went? Did you have >30 hrs of shadowing experience?

Sounds better than being flat-out rejected, which happens to some people after interviews. Usually, they form wait lists, and NEVER do all students who were admitted attend (i.e. some chose other schools, etc).

May I ask what your stats (gpa, science gpa, oat) are, and how you felt your interviews went? Did you have >30 hrs of shadowing experience?

I have a 3.45 optomCAS GPA and a 340 TS OAT. I felt like my interview went well, but that one interviewer was not as nice or interested as the others. The director of admissions was also absent on the day of my interview. I would have appreciated if the letter was more clear about when I should expect a response, why this happened, and what it means. Sigh.

I have a 3.45 optomCAS GPA and a 340 TS OAT. I felt like my interview went well, but that one interviewer was not as nice or interested as the others. The director of admissions was also absent on the day of my interview. I would have appreciated if the letter was more clear about when I should expect a response, why this happened, and what it means. Sigh.

I had my interview the same week as you and I received the same letter. I don't think you should be discouraged. It could mean a lot of things, e.g. there may be some outstanding supporting documents that they haven't received yet.

Is SUNY your first choice?