Suny Ub

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Supercluster said:
ah, thanks for the clarification, I was pretty sure that at least one of the south campus offices was closed. I was there last Thursday. There was no one there at either place so it was quite easy. I figured it was better to go to both offices on the north campus since I was already there, but I guess I got lucky :rolleyes:

Is that sarcasm I detect? :cool: I was probably the one who helped you at the counter. :laugh: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't medical school classes start earlier than undergraduate classes? If so you guys have nothing to worry about as far as the places being busy. Either way, good luck guys I still have 3 more year of undergrad left here :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

rasajdak said:
Is that sarcasm I detect? :cool: I was probably the one who helped you at the counter. :laugh: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't medical school classes start earlier than undergraduate classes? If so you guys have nothing to worry about as far as the places being busy. Either way, good luck guys I still have 3 more year of undergrad left here :thumbup:
sarcasm? It was unintential if that's how it read. Sorry buddy. :oops:
We start classes (or at least orientation) in the 2nd week of August, so I assume that's earlier than the undergrads. I thought I would just comment that my experience went very smoothly on the North campus. Also, considering that we have to do 2 things (get an ID card and get a parking pass) and a lot of people are doing both at the same time, it is more convenient to do both on the North campus since we cannot do both on the South campus.

Supercluster said:
sarcasm? It was unintential if that's how it read. Sorry buddy. :oops:
We start classes (or at least orientation) in the 2nd week of August, so I assume that's earlier than the undergrads. I thought I would just comment that my experience went very smoothly on the North campus. Also, considering that we have to do 2 things (get an ID card and get a parking pass) and a lot of people are doing both at the same time, it is more convenient to do both on the North campus since we cannot do both on the South campus.

I take my emoticons very seriously. Ima shut up now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I went and got my UB Card and parking permit today. Everything was going smoothly until my car was overheating on the way back to Rochester. I stopped a couple times to let it cool down and pour in some fresh coolant but 5 miles from home smoke starting billowing out. I decided to just get it towed. Bleh.

Anyway at least now I'm all ready for orientation ;).

someone should get a call soon, does anyone know where ub is accepting from middle of the middle?

albdr said:
someone should get a call soon, does anyone know where ub is accepting from middle of the middle?

UB accepted people from that section of the list a long time ago- maybe you should call the office. They are very nice!

For all of us still on the alternate list, I called yesterday and Buffalo is still at the bottom of the middle part of the waitlist, and they only had about 3 withdrawels over the past 2 weeks according to the secretary there. My fingers are crossed for all of us still wishing.

To all those that plan to attend UB med this year... CONGRATS and we can't wait to meet you! Many of our classmates have been working very hard to make your orientation awesome! The students on the OC (orientation committee) are some of our class favorites, so you'll be sure to have a ton of fun!

For those that remain on the waitlist... HANG IN THERE! They will still be taking people off the list through orientation if room becomes available.

For all of you... enjoy the last few weeks of summer (i.e. quit your job if you have one and relax)... you'll thank me later. See you on Aug. 10th!

-Heather

Congrats on Florida!

Congrats NYaise on your acceptance to one of your first choice schools. Anyways, does anybody know where we are at this point in the wl? I am just hoping that the list will move.

does anybody have any idea how many people are on the waitlist? l am in the bottom of the middle but hopefully there are not 20 people in front of me. l will give up a spot at UVM if get called from Buffalo although l set an apartment there and everything.

According to someone who asked earlier on there are 87 people in each third of the waitlist. So if they are currently accepting from the bottom of the middle third, there are at most 28 people in front of you, but probably much less than that at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks, one of my friends got the call today and turned it down (she's staying in Rochester). So it's still moving :).

thanks Kazema, hopefully we'll meet in buffalo.

So um, I was packing to get ready for the move across country when my friend, you know, Mr. Rosso gave me a call…….

This is going to be one hell of a busy week. I'm so psyched!! :thumbup:

Good luck to those of you still waiting!!!!! :luck:

Does anyone feel like filling me in on what I've missed so far?

congrats gator!! i'm psyched for you :)
you havent missed too much -- we do get emails every day from the listserve, but most of them are people looking for extra white coat tix and an upcoming golfing tourny. i dont have any extra tickets and dont golf, but if you want any of the emails forwarded to you let me know!

so between my brothers wedding and packing to move i've been totally overwhealmed and over my head!! my entire living room is covered in boxes and i'm quickly running out of room. we're getting the truck on thursday, driving up friday, and moving in on saturday. im still kind of in denial. can you all believe it?? right now my biggest concern is how all my crap is going to fit into a truck - 3 weeks from now, its going to be getting ready for our first exam!!

[oooh - gator - we also got an email from mr rosso with a list of books and an exam schedual - if you dont get that from the school, pm me and ill email it to you]

kaz -- hows your car doing? sounds like it had a rough couple of days there!!

and good luck to those still waiting to hear!! :)

Are we in the bottom third or at the bottom of the middle third? Just wondering if you could reply to this GATORADE. BTW congrats.

hopefulM.D. said:
Are we in the bottom third or at the bottom of the middle third? Just wondering if you could reply to this GATORADE. BTW congrats.

I was actually told several times that I was at the bottom of the bottom 1/3. I know, pretty strange huh?

p.s. I'm an instate applicant if it helps.

Does Suny UB have an instate and out of state waitlist? If so, I am screwed.

:( I am now wondering if Suny UB has an instate and out of state waitlist. If so..I am royally screwed.

hopefulM.D. said:
:( I am now wondering if Suny UB has an instate and out of state waitlist. If so..I am royally screwed.
hmmm...I was never under the impression that they did, but I know a lot of other schools maintain a set distribution of in-state and out-of-state students, so maybe they do too? It would probably be best to call Mr. Rosso tomorrow and clarify where they are up to on the waitlist and where you are. I recall last year there was some confusion about what people were told and the order in which they were taken off the waitlist.
Best of luck, try not to panic just yet

Congrats Gator!!!

I did get my car fixed, but had a hectic time with UHaul. Long story short, I ended up moving a day later, and need to go back to Rochester before school starts to finish up handling some random stuff.

I just got off the phone with Mr. Rosso, and Buffalo is still at the bottom of the middle. He also stated that July was an unusually dry month, and hopefully turnover will be better the beginning of August. My fingers are still crossed!

The secretary, who I guess is notorious for misinformation, stated that we are currently in the upper portion of the bottom third. So much for that.

Nope I'm pretty sure they're still in the lower middle, seeing as I still haven't heard yet. :( Sorry about disappearing from this thread for a while. I've just been getting depressed about my chances of getting in anywhere at this point.

Congrats though Gator! That's great news! :D I hope I'll be able to join you, Ames, and Kaz soon, although that's not looking too good at this point...

naimist said:
Nope I'm pretty sure they're still in the lower middle, seeing as I still haven't heard yet. :( Sorry about disappearing from this thread for a while. I've just been getting depressed about my chances of getting in anywhere at this point.

Congrats though Gator! That's great news! :D I hope I'll be able to join you, Ames, and Kaz soon, although that's not looking too good at this point...

Thanks for the congrats and keep your head up Naimist. I'm pretty sure they accept throughout orientation week. I wish you all the luck. :luck:

Gator

I spoke with Mr. Rosso today, and he said that absolute last day to hear from Buffalo would be August 8th. *sigh*

good luck naimist and suprina!! we're thinking good thoughts for you and wishing you luck - theres still time!! a doc i know from home got into his 1 med school 2 days before class started and he had to live in his car for a few days... so its not the ideal situation, but still! i have 2 couches you can crash on! :)

Ames980 said:
good luck naimist and suprina!! we're thinking good thoughts for you and wishing you luck - theres still time!! a doc i know from home got into his 1 med school 2 days before class started and he had to live in his car for a few days... so its not the ideal situation, but still! i have 2 couches you can crash on! :)
I'd just like to echo Ames...we're all pulling for you guys. And just to add to the encouraging stories, a wonderful attending that I know had already MOVED to Granada to go to med school there when she got the call from one of her first choices...so she got on a plane and came back.
Just keep your cell phones on!! :luck:

Good luck, waitlisters! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I just wanted to write and thank everyone for their support. It's really great to see that people sincerely wish you well. I probably will not be seeing anyone in Buffalo, but I do hope everyone has a great time there!

Suprina said:
I just wanted to write and thank everyone for their support. It's really great to see that people sincerely wish you well. I probably will not be seeing anyone in Buffalo, but I do hope everyone has a great time there!

Best of luck Suprina. Never give up.

Gator

I just got the phone call! Thank you guys for all your support! I was so close to just giving up but you guys kept me going. Hopefulmd and Suprina, good luck. I called the office yesterday before I got my acceptance and they said they were still having waitlist movement.

Ames, Gator, or Kaz, can one of you guys PM me info about orientation and classes the first week? It's obviously too late for them to mail the packet to me. Thanks!

naimist said:
I just got the phone call! Thank you guys for all your support! I was so close to just giving up but you guys kept me going. Hopefulmd and Suprina, good luck. I called the office yesterday before I got my acceptance and they said they were still having waitlist movement.

Ames, Gator, or Kaz, can one of you guys PM me info about orientation and classes the first week? It's obviously too late for them to mail the packet to me. Thanks!

Congrats naimist!!! Awesome news!

Check your PM.

Congrats naimist!!! :D

I'm not in Buffalo right now and all my stuff is there, but hopefully Gator was able to fill you in on everything.

naimist - im soo soo soo happy for you!!!!!!!! you must be on another plane right now :) yay!!! if you need anything, dont hesitate to ask! cant wait to meet you [and everyone else!] :):)

and keep your chin up, suprina - its not over til its over!

i got a call from buffalo at 9:23 august 8 while l was in the orientation at UVM and the dean was giving a welcome speech. guess l am not going there now....