SUNY Upstate Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inquiring_Neuro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had any insight into the neurology program at SUNY Upstate? Would appreciate your thoughts. Thank-you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Neurology resident here, I am not an Upstate resident but I did neuro rotations there.

I will say that it's a great program. Dr. Bradshaw is the program director, and she recently won one of the two Program Director of the year awards and is well deserved. It's a great resident culture, everyone is very supportive and friendly. The Neurology floor at Upstate is on the higher floors of the new children's hospital at Suny Upstate and it is beautiful/new. I worked 1 on 1 with the chair of neurology and he is one of the nicest/personable/smartest physicians I have worked with. The hours and call schedule wasn't bad from what I remember, but I'm sorry I don't remember the specifics. The neurology residents regularly win the "best teaching resident of the year" award at the medical school so there is a great teaching culture.

The downside is the city of Syracuse, some might feel it is a little barren. Great package, would gladly do my residency there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users