SUNY Upstate Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDHopeful1880

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well after waiting and waiting for about 5 weeks, I just found out that I am waitlisted at Upstate, a school I am really interested in. Can any current Upstaters tell me about the waitlists and how likely it is to get off of either? I am on the hold waitlist and hear that it is uncommon but have heard otherwise as well. I know the high priority list has got a great chance of acceptance but what about those of us on hold? Do I still have a chance?? Thanks for your input.

And Mikegoal, thanks for your PM - any info helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was accepted last year to Upstate (although I do not go here), but from my understanding, they have accepted everyone off the HP list for the past 6-8 years and even some people off the regular waitlist (not that many though), except for last year. Last year was the first year in awhile where not everyone got off the HP list, maybe like 4 did not get off (so that means no one got pulled off the regular waitlist). They will only pull people off the regular waitlist when they exhaust the HP list. In any case, to be honest, I would not have high expectations for the regular waitlist. I am sure the dean lady mentioned that as well. Good-luck though, upstate was a great place when I went to visit.