This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Asclepius293

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I had something important come up on the same day of a scheduled interview. The freeze date on the ERAS self-scheduler has passed already, but I'm confused based on the ERAS user guide. It says that you can still cancel a scheduled interview date after a freeze date has passed. It also says that you can schedule/waitlist interviews following cancellation of a scheduled date.

My assumption would be that cancelling after a freeze date would prevent you from any future scheduling/waitlisting action. Is this true? I would imagine even if the system allows me to cancel the scheduled date and schedule a future date instead, it would look unprofessional and undesirable to the program.

Any thoughts/advice on this? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.