SUNY

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to SUNY? Any hesitation of going to Manhattan after September, 11th?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not applying to suny (not this year, at least) but i live in nyc and have been to manhattan over 10 times since september 11th. i've been in the suny area since then, and it's the same as usual... busy, crowded, disgusting midtown. i'd be more wary of the pickpockets in the area than of any terrorism, so i hope the recent events do not deter you.

good luck with your application!

I'm applying to suny, since I live in nyc..but I rather go away to a school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to SUNY Optometry last year and was accepted but declined. I thought the location and clinic were great. The September 11 tragedy would not stop me from living in New York, one of the greatest cities on Earth.

i just have a question that maybe someone here can answer...

the suny website says they require one semester of calculus, yet the pre-health advisor at my school claims they require two semesters. to those of you that have applied/are currently applying, which is it? i really don't want to have to haul ass in calc for an extra 5 months if i don't have to...

I think it is only one. I don't remember that any schools needed two semesters. I would call SUNY just to be sure. The admissions people are very helpful. <a href="http://www.opted.org/info_profile1.cfm" target="_blank">Here</a> is a link to all 17 optometry schools and their requirements. I think that it is up to date. Good luck...

mpp,

thanks for the link. suny only requires one semester of calculus, so apparently my advisor is on crack :)

for those of you that go to suny, can you tell me what your schedule is like on fridays? do you ever have classes past 3 or 4?

thanks