Super hero Walgreens Pharmacists

Started by RX86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Im glad pharmacists are getting more recognition, there seems to be a movement in people actually taking advantage of the immense knowledge pharmacists have that go largely unused
 
New radio and TV advertisements from Walgreens making your local pharmacist appear as a super hero. Thoughts? Good or bad thing?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-6jvGIjX0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

False advertising based on how many times I was told to stay behind the pharmacy counter, limit patient consultations, etc. Silly me for thinking an informed patient is better than pointing to an aisle or selecting a product without even a basic background of hx, s/sx, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pharmacist would probably get fired for damaging all that merchandise.
 
I lol'ed the first time I saw that commercial because it is so far off from what I experienced at WAGS.

When I first saw it, I was in disbelief. I wanted to laugh but then I got sad because I thought about how the experiences of my colleagues are probably nothing like that.

I wish companies would understand pharmacists can't be running around the OTC aisles AND calling doctors AND checking scripts AND dealing with insurance issues all at the same time.
 
When I first saw it, I was in disbelief. I wanted to laugh but then I got sad because I thought about how the experiences of my colleagues are probably nothing like that.

I wish companies would understand pharmacists can't be running around the OTC aisles AND calling doctors AND checking scripts AND dealing with insurance issues all at the same time.

👍

What in the world is next for pharmacists? We aren't superman nor superwoman!
 
👍

What in the world is next for pharmacists? We aren't superman nor superwoman!

Immunizations, MTM, eradicating world hunger, curing HIV, etc...
If all this hasn't been done by the end of the day, expect a call from your PDM.
 
That commercial is as funny and realistic as the CVS commercial with all the birds singing and the cartoon pharmacist hugging a customer.

You need to have super human skills to work at Walgreens. To jump and fly around the pharmacy answering 5 phones lines, 2 drive through lanes all while filling 500 prescriptions with one tech and a 4 hour clerk.
 
This ad is erratic, misleading and confusing. Without adequate staff, there is no way a walgreens pharmacist will be able to counsel customers on otc products all the time. At my store i only have 31 tech hours, and i get consistent questions regarding otc products from people who do not speak English. ( I speak Spanish). It is time consuming. When you are alone in the pharmacy doing inventory, posting claims, working on tpr, putting away warehouse, calling patients, it is so hard to counsel patients. A typical customers who sees that ad will believe that pharmacists have nothing to do behing the counter.As i said before, a walgreens cares so much about us, they should provide us adequare staffing, and respect us more
 
This ad is erratic, misleading and confusing. Without adequate staff, there is no way a walgreens pharmacist will be able to counsel customers on otc products all the time. At my store i only have 31 tech hours, and i get consistent questions regarding otc products from people who do not speak English. ( I speak Spanish). It is time consuming. When you are alone in the pharmacy doing inventory, posting claims, working on tpr, putting away warehouse, calling patients, it is so hard to counsel patients. A typical customers who sees that ad will believe that pharmacists have nothing to do behing the counter.As i said before, a walgreens cares so much about us, they should provide us adequare staffing, and respect us more

This is why our profession is going downhill. The corporate sector is ruining the professionalism, allowing unrealistic expectations to be brought to the public.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What they didn't show: a line in the pharmacy, erratic patients demanding that you are illegally withholding from them their necessary Oxycodone because you won't fill it 10 days early and stating that they will sue you, phones ringing off the hook and a drive through :meanie:

Although maybe the no tech stuff in the commercial is a reality for some WAGs. If they want pharmacists to do this then they better increase tech hours or staff another pharmacist. Stop pushing unrealistic expectations without attempting to meet those expectations via proper staffing. After pharmacy school I should just open up a McPharmacy with 5 minute wait times and discounted narcs 😀
 
What they didn't show: a line in the pharmacy, erratic patients demanding that you are illegally withholding from them their necessary Oxycodone because you won't fill it 10 days early and stating that they will sue you, phones ringing off the hook and a drive through :meanie:

Exactly. Where is the super hero or cartoon bird in the above? :laugh:

Although one of your patients might know. 😉
 
What they didn't show: a line in the pharmacy, erratic patients demanding that you are illegally withholding from them their necessary Oxycodone because you won't fill it 10 days early and stating that they will sue you, phones ringing off the hook and a drive through :meanie:

Although maybe the no tech stuff in the commercial is a reality for some WAGs. If they want pharmacists to do this then they better increase tech hours or staff another pharmacist. Stop pushing unrealistic expectations without attempting to meet those expectations via proper staffing. After pharmacy school I should just open up a McPharmacy with 5 minute wait times and discounted narcs 😀

Damn right. Well said, well said. 👍
 
Although maybe the no tech stuff in the commercial is a reality for some WAGs. If they want pharmacists to do this then they better increase tech hours or staff another pharmacist.

MM900283911.gif
 
Seriously. Every time I step foot in that building I wonder if it will be my last. I'm hoping they do something to turn around and stop slashing hours.

The last day I ever worked at Walgreens was the happiest day of my life. It was the crappiest job I ever had (and I've had quite a few jobs by this point in my life).
 
The last day I ever worked at Walgreens was the happiest day of my life. It was the crappiest job I ever had (and I've had quite a few jobs by this point in my life).

What would you say is worse? Walgreens/CVS or McDonalds? :laugh:
 
Toss-up between Walgreens and CVS. Though I've never actually worked for CVS, so I can't say for sure which is worse between the two of them.

I've worked at several fast food places and they were nowhere near as stressful as pharmacy (for me anyway, YMMV).
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have superhero pharmacist who can jump over counters, but they cant answer the phones. every time i call walgreens for a copy im on hold for 30 minutes.
 
They have superhero pharmacist who can jump over counters, but they cant answer the phones. every time i call walgreens for a copy im on hold for 30 minutes.

👍 👍 every friggin time I call them I'm on hold for awhile and when you finally get to talk to someone they either Put you back on hold or the Rph goes too fast trying to get off the phone. It's annoying
 
New radio and TV advertisements from Walgreens making your local pharmacist appear as a super hero. Thoughts? Good or bad thing?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-6jvGIjX0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

All our community pharmacists probably feel like we need to be super heros to get our stuff done these days. It's kind of funny these ads came out when our hours just got cut. The timing just doesn't make any sense. You know this ad kind of look like those from Target :laugh: that's not a compliment 👎 so far the Target ads have been a waste of money in my opinion. It would be nice to see them use that money to ad a few tech hours back and just put out a 15-second commercial saying Target has pharmacies 🙄
 
Last edited:
All our community pharmacists probably feel like we need to be super heros to get our stuff done these days. It's kind of funny these ads came out when our hours just got cut. The timing just doesn't make any sense. You know this ad kind of look like those from Target :laugh: that's not a compliment 👎 so far the Target ads have been a waste of money in my opinion. It would be nice to see them use that money to ad a few tech hours back and just put out a 30 second commercial saying Target has pharmacies 🙄

Where do you think the money came from to pay for the commercials? Wasson just got a 36% pay increase so you know its not coming out of his slice of the pie.
 
Yeah I've worked at WAG as a tech for over 7 years and its soooo rare for a pharmacist to step out of the pharmacy to consult on OTC's. Pt's have to show up to the consultation window and even so, they still have to wait a few min sometimes..Whenever the pharmacist stepped out, it delayed everything else that was going on, such as taking in a new rx, consulting at the drive thru, reviewing any "waiter" rxs, etc.That commercial always makes me laugh b/c the company is CLEARLY lying to the public :laugh:
Only way to make this a reality is to hire more staff to assist with the workload...but too bad that'll never happen since WAG is super frugal as noticed with the never ending budget cuts 👎

LIES LIES LIES!!!
 
Yeah I've worked at WAG as a tech for over 7 years and its soooo rare for a pharmacist to step out of the pharmacy to consult on OTC's. Pt's have to show up to the consultation window and even so, they still have to wait a few min sometimes..Whenever the pharmacist stepped out, it delayed everything else that was going on, such as taking in a new rx, consulting at the drive thru, reviewing any "waiter" rxs, etc.That commercial always makes me laugh b/c the company is CLEARLY lying to the public :laugh:
Only way to make this a reality is to hire more staff to assist with the workload...but too bad that'll never happen since WAG is super frugal as noticed with the never ending budget cuts 👎

LIES LIES LIES!!!

Wait.....Hold the phone chief.....Lies?!?!?! Never! Commercials never lie and America's most trusted pharmacy would never lie. Heck, I was in Walgreens yesterday and saw with my own eyes the pharmacist running around on top of the shelves. He must have been hot on the trail of some poor customer with a question on which laxative to use. I thought it was strange that there were several employees chasing him. It was also strange that the store manager was on the phone with a panicked look on his face. All I could make out was straight jacket, call police, nervous break down and drive through. They must have been playing around. Gosh those Walgreens pharmacists sure have it good! What fun they have!