Supplemental Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navybluedreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I was looking into some of the supplemental questions many of the programs ask, and noticed a common question was "Why are you applying to -insert school's name here-?". Lately, I've been more focused about what schools will accept me based on my stats, and not focusing on what I should look into for specific programs. For example, what are the pros and cons of research-focused programs vs. non-research based programs? I want to be able to answer that question without having to BS it when asked in supplemental applications and/or interviews. All in all, I was wondering what factors should I take into consideration about program (curriculum, research, etc) and how do I learn more about them? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The most important thing is the pass rate for the pt license exam! Also look into class size, student to professor ratio, size of the campus, proximity to a metropolitan area, when clinicals start in the program, how many weeks you're actually doing clinicals, how many clinicals there are, if there are any unique classes they offer (for example, my school has a required pediatrics clinical), any interesting research they do, etc etc. Every program has pros and cons. You can easily look up the course lay out and everything on each website.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you attended any open houses at your top schools? I got a lot of good ideas there....they tell you their philosophies and what makes their program stand out.