Supplemental Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navybluedreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my supplemental questions for the first time today and became a bit overwhelmed by all the questions! I noticed most questions had a max character count of 4500, and was wondering how many of you actually wrote long questions! I was expecting more questions involving terse questions womp womp

Members don't see this ad.

I tried to be fairly close (within 100 characters) of the limit on all the questions and I tried to answer them in depth and in a way that would let the schools get a good vision of who I am as a person. You can use them to your advantage.

To be honest, in regards to the school specific questions whether it is your lower tier school or your 'reach' school, I believe it is very important to eloquently write any essay that fully answers the school's question. Not only does it show that you actually took the time to research/write, but that you are very serious about becoming a PT.

I know it sucks and its going to take a long time writing multiple essays, but I'm sure it will be worth it once you get into one of your schools. To this end, IMO essays do not have to be max 4500 character count, you probably many a time heard of the phrase, 'quality not quantity.' That said, in my case, so far I have typed up the 1 PTCAS essay, and 3 school specific essays, all of which are close to the max (not saying thats a good thing), and I have 2 more to do.

PT application cycles are not an easy task, they are supposed to challenges us applicants.

In addition, make sure to research a school's admission process, some schools don't even look at the PTCAS essay and actually only really read their school specific question. These schools basically force you to write a good essay unfortunately.

Hope this helped !!! you can do it!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are reapplying to this program, how have you strengthened your application? is a required question on some supplemental applications.

Is NA an appropriate response?

If you are reapplying to this program, how have you strengthened your application? is a required question on some supplemental applications.

Is NA an appropriate response?

Absolutely not.

I meant to say that I am not reapplying, this is my first year applying to the program. If that question is a requirement for those who are reapplying, what should my response be, being a first time applicant.

I meant to say that I am not reapplying, this is my first year applying to the program. If that question is a requirement for those who are reapplying, what should my response be, being a first time applicant.
I said N/A to that question and I got an interview at every school I applied to. That is an appropriate response if you are not reapplying. Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user

Ahh, okay yes then N/A would be appropriate. I thought you were reapplying.

I feel kind of stupid asking this, but some of my schools ask something along the lines of "Is there additional personal or academic information you would like the committee to consider while reviewing your application for admission?". Part of me thinks that I can skip this section, but I worry I may be looking over something important. My initial reaction is that this is a section where someone could explain some particularly low grades due to illness, family problems, etc. or some other extenuating circumstances. Or should I use this section to further introduce myself as an applicant? I don't want to overdo it and waste both my and the admissions committee's time, but I also don't want to look over something that could be important and be kicking myself later.
Thanks guys!

If you answered the "does your academic record accurately reflect you" essay on your background info, I think you should be good. I'd only explain further if you weren't able to cover your entire story on the first essay or the program you're applying to doesn't look at any of the general PTCAS essays. Of the 9 programs I'm applying to, 1 of the programs asked that question and I felt like it was redundant. I would make sure to contact the school and ask! Good luck!