Supplementary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hk64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you e-submit aadsas application on mid-Jun and plan to take DAT early July,
usually when does the school contacts to request supplementary application?
I am quite worried since I am very busy studying for DAT until early July.
I am about to submit aadsas application within a few days with every other documents except DAT score. Is the school going to review my application only after they receive my DAT, so that it will not be until mid-July that they will ask for supplementary application to be submitted?

As far as I know, most schools request supplementary only after they contact you.
But, I know Upenn asks to submit supp. app when we submit aadsas application.
Is there any other school that works like this?

Members don't see this ad.

I found the following on the New Applicants sticky of this forum.

If you list on your AADSAS application that you are writing a future DAT, the schools won't review your application or consider your application complete until they receive your latest scores. This means your application from AADSAS will still occur, the hold up will be at the schools.

I believe that this information is still correct. I am also taking the DAT in July and just submitted yesterday. Good luck.

Thanks for your comment.

By the way, if the school will not look at my application until DAT scores are available,
I guess it is not necessary to submit supplementary application for Upenn right away, since they are not going to review mine anyway, and since I am e-submitting aadsas app within a few days, aadsas app will also be available after mid july, which is after I take DAT. So, I guess, I can work on supp. application for penn once I am done with DAT in July.
Is my strategy reasonable?