• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

m3shocker

15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hello,

I have been intrigued by this topic for awhile now- observing various surgeons. Here are a few of my observations (Note I am only an M2 and my intention here is not to offend anyone- these are all generalizations I know- so feel free to post about your observations):

General surgeons- consummate bread and butter surgeons, good judgement and take little crap from anyone

Thoracic surgeons- cerebral, compulsive, fearless, marathon-like endurance and quite extroverted relative to others

Vascular surgeons- meticulous, precise and know there anatomy like the back of their hand

Plastic surgeons- very creative and aesthetically pleasing bunch

ENT surgeons- polite, sophisticated bunch, more introverted

Urologists- funny, laid back, very smart but you would never realize it, "the gentlemen" of surgery

Neurosurgeons- dead on serious people- the polar opposite to urologists

Orthopods- we all know this one

About the Ads