Surgeons manning two open heart rooms at once.

Started by deleted1183938
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to whistleblow on something soon and retire.
Same nonsense, to different degrees, everywhere.
Me too!! And I think I have a case of Medicare Fraud at one of the locums places I have worked.
 
Me too!! And I think I have a case of Medicare Fraud at one of the locums places I have worked.
I tried to blow the lid off OIG 12-06 opinion with gi kickbacks and stark laws

Actually spoke to the attorneys at the OIG office 3 different times in 2012 and than 2016. It’s a long tedious process. The time to get my 10% of the 2 billion fine was 2013. That’s all I really wanted. 10%

So much corruption plus laziness in govt officials not enforcing or selectively enforcing kickbacks

Now the OIG through lobbying efforts have reverse their decision after 9 years of back and forth

 
I tried to blow the lid off OIG 12-06 opinion with gi kickbacks and stark laws

Actually spoke to the attorneys at the OIG office 3 different times in 2012 and than 2016. It’s a long tedious process. The time to get my 10% of the 2 billion fine was 2013. That’s all I really wanted. 10%

So much corruption plus laziness in govt officials not enforcing or selectively enforcing kickbacks

Now the OIG through lobbying efforts have reverse their decision after 9 years of back and forth

Same here - In the past I've reported egregious things including surgeons who never show up to the hospital at all and have their residents do the whole operation unsupervised, and also surgeons who had surgeries going simultaneously at two different hospitals. But oddly no reporting agency seems to care.
 
Good for you guys for speaking up.

I see it every day. Mainly ortho and spine running concurrent cases all day every day. Attesting to being there for the critical steps, but in fact the attending just stays in one room and never steps foot in the other. Blatantly fraudulent. Everyone knows it is happening but no one cares.
 
Good for you guys for speaking up.

I see it every day. Mainly ortho and spine running concurrent cases all day every day. Attesting to being there for the critical steps, but in fact the attending just stays in one room and never steps foot in the other. Blatantly fraudulent. Everyone knows it is happening but no one cares.


Why even have fellows if you can’t run 3 concurrent spine rooms?😉 How else are you going to make $2-3mil/yr?
 
Good for you guys for speaking up.

I see it every day. Mainly ortho and spine running concurrent cases all day every day. Attesting to being there for the critical steps, but in fact the attending just stays in one room and never steps foot in the other. Blatantly fraudulent. Everyone knows it is happening but no one cares.
Have you reported it?