Surgery videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't feel like watching it after today a coworker described in much detail her grandmother's account of getting a pacemaker implanted w/o anesthesia (her BP was too low to get anesthesia). It's been like 5 years since, and apparently her grandmother still says she wishes she had just died instead of going through it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't feel like watching it after today a coworker described in much detail her grandmother's account of getting a pacemaker implanted w/o anesthesia (her BP was too low to get anesthesia). It's been like 5 years since, and apparently her grandmother still says she wishes she had just died instead of going through it.
while this is extremely old, I feel for her. I got stitches put in without anesthesia and it was terrible, I cant imagine getting a pacemaker put in.

while this is extremely old, I feel for her. I got stitches put in without anesthesia and it was terrible, I cant imagine getting a pacemaker put in.

I didnt respond before, but from even 5 minutes of going through the anaethesia forum, I know there are plenty of anesthetic agents that dont lower blood pressure.

I call shenannigans.

I didnt respond before, but from even 5 minutes of going through the anaethesia forum, I know there are plenty of anesthetic agents that dont lower blood pressure.

I call shenannigans.
If you think im lieing, my dad was in medical school and we didnt have much money, so he gave me an extra strength tylenol and stitched me up on the kitchen counter.
It had nothing to do with my blood pressure, or any other medical complication.

If you are referring to Jochi, then I dont know.

I got stitched up without any anesthesia either, but this was in India a about ten years ago, and ten and half years ago, and twelve years ago, and eight years ago...I got stitched up a lot, lol

I had to stitch up a GSW on field without anything other than needle, suture, alcohol swabs and gauze. The guy was in pain for sure.

I call shenannigans.

Yeah it probably hurt real bad when they cracked her breastplate open.

shenannigans seconded.

I am sure there have been many, many procedures done without anasthesia, open heart surgery is not one of them. I, for one, broke my femur as a child. The bone displaced about 4-5 inches, and I had to be put in traction. For some reason, according to my parents since I of course don't remember any of this, they could not use general, or spinal anasthesia, just local anasthesia. They then drilled a 1/4 screw threw my lower femur and leg, to hook it up to the ceiling for a couple of weeks. Thank god I was only 5.

Yeah it probably hurt real bad when they cracked her breastplate open.

shenannigans seconded.

I am sure there have been many, many procedures done without anasthesia, open heart surgery is not one of them. I, for one, broke my femur as a child. The bone displaced about 4-5 inches, and I had to be put in traction. For some reason, according to my parents since I of course don't remember any of this, they could not use general, or spinal anasthesia, just local anasthesia. They then drilled a 1/4 screw threw my lower femur and leg, to hook it up to the ceiling for a couple of weeks. Thank god I was only 5.

Getting a pacemaker put does not involve opening up the chest. The cardiologist threads the pacemaker leads down into the heart via the subclavian artery.

Getting a pacemaker put does not involve opening up the chest. The cardiologist threads the pacemaker leads down into the heart via the subclavian artery.

I stand corrected on that, although I still don't believe that they would insert one without any form of anasthesia.

If you think im lieing, my dad was in medical school and we didnt have much money, so he gave me an extra strength tylenol and stitched me up on the kitchen counter.
It had nothing to do with my blood pressure, or any other medical complication.

If you are referring to Jochi, then I dont know.

Oh, I believe you. People get stiched up all the time without anaesthesia. People getting pacemakers...not so much.