Sutter Gould Group at Modesto, CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legacy87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to share job opportunity at Sutter Gould Medical Group at Modesto, CA.

1st year compensation is $527,000 plus full benefits.

Partners make > 500k+ per year.

W2.

Benefits :
1. Retirement 401k ($36,600 profit sharing from group after year 1)
*Ability to contribute after-tax and convert to Roth [Mega Backdoor Roth]

2. Retirement Cash balance plan (for partners)

3. HSA / FSA

4. CME business expense account; $4500 for associates ; 2.5% gross income for partners ( > $12,500)

5. Full health/dental/vision.

6. End-of-year Individual Bonus (10k) and Overage bonus (X% of gross income) for partners

7. Malpractice with Tail, CA medical licensing and DEA covered by group.

Two years to partnership. No buy-in.

===

All MD/DO anesthesia practice with a stable multi-specialty group. No CRNA. No Supervision.

Cases variety include: general, ortho, neuro, spine, healthy peds, vascular, thoracic, and cardiac (voluntary)

90 minutes from San Francisco. Lower cost of living.

The main hub is a busy level 2 trauma center at Modesto Memorial Center.

Productivity based model in Modesto and shift based model at other satellite facilities.

Low turnover, Happy partners. Job opening due to partners retiring.

Call structure with Stipends:
1st call in house averages 2 per month. Post call day off after 1st call.
1 weekday call per week;
1 weekend call per month;
Backup calls (2nd and 3rd call) from home locally.

Great relationship with surgeons, administrators, and stable contract.

==

Please message me if you like more further details.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Benefits of voluntarily doing cardiac? How many units is a cardiac day?

Benefits:
1. Bread and butter cabg and valves.
2. Stipend on heart call day plus RVU production
3. RVU 60-70 units per case. On average 1 heart per day.
4. If no hearts; still get stipend plus another OR lineup w similar production unit
5. CV surgeons are very nice to work with.

Reactions: 2 users
Benefits:
4. If no hearts; still get stipend plus another OR lineup w similar production unit

Brb doing cardiac fellowship

Reactions: 4 users
Benefits:

Whats your blended $/unit? and whats the stipend? Any other stipended calls?

The biggest problem is Modesto. Gangster shxxhxle. Othewise job is ok.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for comments. Like any other cities, there are pros and cons to Modesto.

I live about 25 minutes away, which is more suburban and family friendly. Some of our partners live and drive as far as the Bay Area because they really enjoy working in our friendly and collegial environment.

In-person tour and interview at our main campus is an all-expense paid trip for interested candidates.

For anyone interested, please DM me.

Thank you.

Mind posting - probably better for transparency. I've gotten a weekly email from you guys the past 3 years but the cloak and dagger recruiting is why I haven't responded

You’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to post their unit value on a public forum, and for good reason. If you really want to know, reach out for an interview.

You’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to post their unit value on a public forum, and for good reason. If you really want to know, reach out for an interview.

I think that’s fair. But a range would be nice. I am not looking in CA so I have no horse in the race. Just thinking it’s tiresome to deal with recruiters. Most of them have zero clue what they’re doing.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that’s fair. But a range would be nice. I am not looking in CA so I have no horse in the race. Just thinking it’s tiresome to deal with recruiters. Most of them have zero clue what they’re doing.

I don’t doubt it’s frustrating having to deal with a recruiter. But the OP isn’t a recruiter.

I just don’t get why some folks are so hung up on unit value. Yes, it’s part of the equation, but by no means the entirety. The first post clearly states compensation, so a better follow up question would be how hard do you have to work for those numbers. Asking for a unit value won’t give you much more information in this case.

Hi.

Thank you for inquiries. Above post is correct, I’m a young anesthesiologist partner to the group. On average, we work about 55-65 hours.

1-2 calls on weekday per week.

Average 1 weekend call per month.

Average 1000 units per month. Can be more depending if you like to work more.

Income and benefits can range from 500k-800k as a W2, depending on how much you like to work.

The practice is focus on lifestyle and competitive compensation. Although our location is not as popular as Bay Area or SoCal; I’ll take advantage of the geo-arbitrage, as anesthesiologist are in short supply in our area.

We have a young group of partners and we enjoy our MD practice and perform our solo anesthesia. Just offering and helping out my Anesthesiologists colleagues who may enjoy this model.

I can go further in detail about why I like my group privately whoever is interested. Just PM me.

Reactions: 7 users
Update:

First year compensation is $500,000 in addition to benefits as outlined above. W2. MD only model, solo cases.

PM if interested.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi SDNers,

We are actively recruiting for anesthesiologists. MD only model.

Great young group of anesthesiologists who are seeking candidates that would like to do solo cases.

Good compensation - $500,000 first year - and goes up when you make partner. Great retirement benefits.

Very easy work environment with great support.

New grads welcome.

Our group also offers H-1B work visa.

PM if interested.

Reactions: 1 users
At our group, we get to practice the way we were trained during residency: doing our own cases, performing our own anesthetics however we see fit, and looking out for each other as partners.

More importantly, I get to practice the way I imagined I would practice when I was a medical student - the feeling of enlightenment when I decided to go into Anesthesiology.

Honestly, I am very lucky to go to work, be fulfilled taking care of my patients, and get compensated well for it.

This is my first job. If anyone has any interests, please feel free to PM me.

Update:

$527,000 for new associates. First year salary guaranteed. After, production based. Blended rate.

W2 salary full benefits and CME money. See first post for more details regarding benefits.

Call structure with Stipends:
1st call in house averages 2 per month. Post call day off after 1st call.
1 weekday call per week;
1 weekend call per month;
Backup calls (2nd and 3rd call) from home locally. Post 2nd and Post 3rd call can select their rooms the next day.

Excellent place to start:
* A new career for new grads (who want to pay off student loans quickly);
* Seasoned Anesthesiologists who want to go back to doing solo cases;
* Candidates seeking H1B work visa.

No gimmicks. Just honest work for good compensation and lifestyle.

PM if interested.

- Legacy, MD

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users